vurt - we're all afraid of the darkness within ourselves (guitar/synth/drone?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by vurt on Sun May 22, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Kurt,
Very interesting intro sounds.
If everything is dark, I would be afraid.
But this music seems bright and the sounds are very friendly.
So I am enjoying it!!!
Great work, and nice recording.
Rene

thanks rene :)

Started off a little bit Vangelis then went way the f**k off a cliff, beautiful journey. I love that I can come back to KVR and find you still destroying various iterations of reality :)
I play guitar

Chickenman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:37 am Started off a little bit Vangelis then went way the f**k off a cliff, beautiful journey. I love that I can come back to KVR and find you still destroying various iterations of reality :)
Vangelis went off that cliff a few times as well... :ud: :hihi: :evil: :party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AghhwZB03s
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Another interestingly narrative soundscape...loved the distorted heavy metal guitar vibe towards the end.

First half has some serious 'evil smurf' moments - what was the source for those sounds?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

This was cool. The vocal sample with the upward inflection was my favorite, but the voice was full of gritty character. Good choice!

Nice ending. I don’t know if any of the panned noise was inspired by the MN Morphagene video demo but that’s what it reminded me of and adds another reminder that I need try some of that (but my musical life is all Syntakt at the moment).

Chickenman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:37 am Started off a little bit Vangelis then went way the f**k off a cliff, beautiful journey. I love that I can come back to KVR and find you still destroying various iterations of reality :)
its what i do! :D :hihi:

thanks for the listen, i honestly didnt intend any vangelis :o
not a huge fan like some folk, though i do love bladerunner. only other thing i actually know, that i would recognise, is chariots of fire :oops:
nothing against him or his music, what ive heard is pretty good indeed, just mostly not my thing, as id never heard him do anything like this, so i guess i need to check some more bits.
just one of those, theres only so much time to listen to music, things, you cant love everybody :hihi:
and in interviews, hes always seemed like a knowledgeable and nice bloke, and obviously, a sad loss to the world of electronic music, lets be honest, most of the true greats, are unknown outside of the elctronic music audience, but some like vangelis, do make a bigger splash in the mainstream world 8)

rip.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:26 pm Another interestingly narrative soundscape...loved the distorted heavy metal guitar vibe towards the end.

First half has some serious 'evil smurf' moments - what was the source for those sounds?
thats actually really me playing guitar as well!!!
getting rarer these days with my aches, but im keeping schwanging!!!

the voices, are dr loomis from the original halloween films (first two), synths, various bits of the modular, mainly 0 coast and strega from make noise 8)

good to see you :tu:
hope youre keeping well :)

ill check that vangelis track and your thread too 8)

elxsound wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:51 pm This was cool. The vocal sample with the upward inflection was my favorite, but the voice was full of gritty character. Good choice!

Nice ending. I don’t know if any of the panned noise was inspired by the MN Morphagene video demo but that’s what it reminded me of and adds another reminder that I need try some of that (but my musical life is all Syntakt at the moment).
i think, it was a mimeophone video actually, well the chat while it was on, walker was talking about how, if you pan a sound, it will be delayed, exactly where it was in the panorama, or something like that.
and id noticed, a lot of my stuff, had no center, so rather than just put something in the middle, move everything around constantly.
i have a few options for panning now, which i do pre mixer, except the one channel that is only one input, but has its own pan, and send the mix out to mimeophone.

speaking of their videos, did you see today with richard devine?
i was shocked to find out i do similar stuff :lol:
i honestly always thought he was more techno :oops:

vurt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:12 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:26 pm Another interestingly narrative soundscape...loved the distorted heavy metal guitar vibe towards the end.

the voices, are dr loomis from the original halloween films (first two), synths, various bits of the modular, mainly 0 coast and strega from make noise 8)

Dr Loomis - the awesome Donald Pleasance...great voice! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Vangelis album it's from: 'Beaubourg'...probably his most experimental electronic album, although the album 'See You Later' is also quite unusual at times as well!

Chariots / Blade Runner - definitely what he was most well-known for, but he composed in a wide variety of styles over the decades.

Yeah, I'm doing alright...just haven't managed to get on KVR much over the last few months.

vurt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:17 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:51 pm This was cool. The vocal sample with the upward inflection was my favorite, but the voice was full of gritty character. Good choice!

i think, it was a mimeophone video actually, well the chat while it was on, walker was talking about how, if you pan a sound, it will be delayed, exactly where it was in the panorama, or something like that.
and id noticed, a lot of my stuff, had no center, so rather than just put something in the middle, move everything around constantly.
i have a few options for panning now, which i do pre mixer, except the one channel that is only one input, but has its own pan, and send the mix out to mimeophone.

Really? I’ve seen many complaints about how he just makes noise and nobody understanding why he gets so much attention. There’s just more beeps and bloops.

He makes some very cool beeps and bloops. I don’t think I’ve ever seen/heard his compositions so I can’t compare but your work in your style is the only I sit and listen all the way through.

I gotta check out the video out! Just built Thanos’ glove and now I need to buy Groot.

vurt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Good stuff in that video and maybe they should be hiring you to work on these projects. I truly need to experiment more with different ways of using Morphagene. I usually end up using it at extremely small time fragments/grains and not maxed out at 9 minutes. I also don’t like to setup generative patches. I think I need to try to at least experiment with doing something different.

I know it was just quick peak at the composition but I can see what you mean now. I think I need to check out his stuff as I’m down this rabbit hole already.

wooah! - i can hear some harmonies... and a real guitar... VURT??? everything okay? :P

no, just kidding. i really liked the guitar part and the sound samples seem to be well chosen (althoughi don't understand everything).

(btw. vangelis died some days ago... others mentioned him)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:39 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:12 pm

Dr Loomis - the awesome Donald Pleasance...great voice! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Vangelis album it's from: 'Beaubourg'...probably his most experimental electronic album, although the album 'See You Later' is also quite unusual at times as well!

Chariots / Blade Runner - definitely what he was most well-known for, but he composed in a wide variety of styles over the decades.

Yeah, I'm doing alright...just haven't managed to get on KVR much over the last few months.
glad to hear alls well!

yup, dr loomis is awesome, without him, and dp playing him, the films wouldnt be so damn good. his acting, is what makes michael scary.
otherwise hes just a big guy with a knife.
loomis fear, and how believable it is, thats the key.

Return to “Music Cafe”