Electro Robber [breakbeat, oldschool, electronic - selfmade :) ]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
back with a little track. I tried my best - tried to make it interesting and to bring it to a good "end product". Synths are like always the Reason synths.

Mainly:
Algoritm (harmonic stuff)
Parsec (melody and some fx)
Europa (melody support and texture)
Thor (pads)
Layers (one pad)
Monotone (bass)
Compressor and Eq are the stock ones. Mainly the Channel Eq and Channel Compressor, + Master Bus Compressor.

Any comment is highly appreciated.
Have a nice day - and don't get robbed :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... tro-robber
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

The track has a great sound. It's definitely interesting, with lots of changes throughout. The ending is good too. So I liked it. :tu:

Very cool.
I love the beat as well!
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

This sounds great! Very harmonically rich, clear mix, good use of stereo field…
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Produced entirely in Reason?
You could set a few accents with other deliberately somewhat digital-sounding sounds. Currently it sounds very vintage and "Moogish" (which doesn't mean thats a bad thing).

margaret0547 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:22 pm The track has a great sound. It's definitely interesting, with lots of changes throughout. The ending is good too. So I liked it. :tu:
changes: yes, i know. i hope there are not too much. i like it that way, can't listen to track where 3min happens almost nothing.
thank you for listening.
myself in 2022

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:28 am Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for listening :wink: , glad you liked it.
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:31 pm This sounds great! Very harmonically rich, clear mix, good use of stereo field…
Thanks for the comment and that you listened to it.
myself in 2022

4damind wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:54 am Produced entirely in Reason?
Mix, yes (+3 instances of Valhalla Room for placing sounds far, mid, and close). - it sounds just better than the stock reverb.
"Mastering" (if you want to call it that way - was done in Reason with some modules of Ozone 9 which i got cheap in a sale).
4damind wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:54 am You could set a few accents with other deliberately somewhat digital-sounding sounds. Currently it sounds very vintage and "Moogish" (which doesn't mean thats a bad thing).
that is true. the sound of Reason (or the sound which i like of it, sounds very oldschool or retro or vintage). coulds you recommend a synth which adds something to that sound?
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:01 pm
4damind wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:54 am You could set a few accents with other deliberately somewhat digital-sounding sounds. Currently it sounds very vintage and "Moogish" (which doesn't mean thats a bad thing).
that is true. the sound of Reason (or the sound which i like of it, sounds very oldschool or retro or vintage). coulds you recommend a synth which adds something to that sound?
Good question. Actually any of the better known synths like Spire, Ana2, Synthmaker, U-He Hive etc.. But also some of the emulations like U-He Repro (Prophet), U-He Diva or the Arturia stuff might work. Reason synths seem to have quite a special (similar?) sound, at least that's what I hear in your track.

4damind wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:24 pm Reason synths seem to have quite a special (similar?) sound, at least that's what I hear in your track.
Ha, ha that is true. One reviewer once said: each new Reason synth is and sounds the same (for him) just with another UI. But to be fair: the Algoritm (FM-synth) and Europa (Wavetable) could do way more - but often i pick similar sounds (of just the sound i like personally). Almost everytime i post a track the ppl say that it is sounding retro. And the synth of Reason i like the most (normally) is their first synth Subtractor which is 20 years old. It is not really up to date :lol:

Glad that you liked the track, anyway :D at least i hope this ... :lol:
myself in 2022

tomtom1,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: it's starting out nicely. I like most of the melodies; a few strange notes at times. In some ways it reminds me of Depeche Mode a bit (instrumentally of course), a compliment. I like the synth sounds. Sounds pretty 80's, which is fine by me. I like it overall. Melodies sounded a bit better on the second listen. :). For probably about 5 years, u-he Repro is my favorite synth; check out the trial version; I bet you would like it.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Hi Thomas - still got that retro-electronic vibe going on I hear! :)

I love the changes - it moves from section to section quite effortlessly.

Very effective chain of implied underlying harmonies going on here - that aspect is quite 1970s progressive rock a times...shades of the band 'Yes'!?

Great sound combos and some fabulous melodic moments - very enjoyable listen with a lot more musical depth than many KVR Cafe posts.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Lots of changes in pace and melody all the way through this one, without making the track sound disjointed, and I liked the synth sound choices, beginning with that wavering bass. The "minimal" section beginning at 3:04 was great.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 pm Lots of changes in pace and melody all the way through this one, without making the track sound disjointed, and I liked the synth sound choices, beginning with that wavering bass. The "minimal" section beginning at 3:04 was great.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening. Glad you liked it!
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”