Can we draw to edit on the classic waveform view in Acoustica?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm trying out the demo.
I'm used to being able to do this in other editors and a bit surprised it looks like it's not supported.
Thanks.

Thanks for trying the demo! I'm afraid, that there's no pencil tool in Acoustica at the time being? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you want to smooth out clicks and pops, I'd recommend the Interpolate command instead.

Best,
Stian

Yeah, that was my use case.
Thanks for the tip.

An audio editor should have a pencil tool. ✍️

Even the free Wavosaur has waveform drawing. An audio editor isn't complete without it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm An audio editor should have a pencil tool. ✍️

Even the free Wavosaur has waveform drawing. An audio editor isn't complete without it.
I always thought if it as a gimmick, but we can of course add it, if people actually need it. Computers are so much better at interpolating waveforms than I am, at least... ;)

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:50 am
jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm An audio editor should have a pencil tool. ✍️

I always thought if it as a gimmick, but we can of course add it, if people actually need it. Computers are so much better at interpolating waveforms than I am, at least... ;)

Best,
Stian
I think under certain circumstances a pencil tool comes in handy.

stian wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:50 am

Best,
Stian
I just see it as another tool that expands your options. Sometime the easiest way to deal with an abrupt spike is to just draw over it.

An eraser tool is also handy for spot removing noise between lines. It's really all about speed and control and having options for how you like to work.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Thanks for the feedback! We'll try to get this into version 7.5, then.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”