Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Peevy2000 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:11 pm Are the DMG Audio plugins definitely native? I'm trying to demo Trackcomp 2 but the au is definitely running under rosetta on ableton Live 11.1 native, no sign of vst3 in Live or cubase 12.
OK scratch that, the demo download you get in the email doesn't install the native plugins, it seems you have to use the "ARM Mac combined installer" at the top of the downloads page. It means having to install all of the dmg plugins but I'll just remove what I don't need.

Peevy2000 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:11 pm Are the DMG Audio plugins definitely native? I'm trying to demo Trackcomp 2 but the au is definitely running under rosetta on ableton Live 11.1 native, no sign of vst3 in Live or cubase 12.
Latest installer is Intel only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As pointed out one post above yours, there IS a Mac ARM native installer. It's a separate download and contains ALL the plugins.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Kongru wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:23 pm
JonathanLevine wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:58 pm Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference beta release is now native. Version 5.3.0.

https://www.sonarworks.com/support/soun ... 0019451019
Looks like they will hit their updated release date of 24th May
It’s finally here:

“For the existing stereo users, we have added M1 native support as a free update. Overview about all improvements and changes of the latest product version can be found under the release notes!

Starting from version 5.3, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, and Windows 8/8.1 operating systems are no longer supported. Version 5.2 is still available for these operating systems, learn more here.”
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Pulsar Audio Massive EQ is native.

Peevy2000 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 pm
OK scratch that, the demo download you get in the email doesn't install the native plugins, it seems you have to use the "ARM Mac combined installer" at the top of the downloads page. It means having to install all of the dmg plugins but I'll just remove what I don't need.
You probably already did this, but the installer lets you install only what you want. Hit Customize and it allows each plug in and type to be deselected etc.

the rest of the baby audio plug ins just went native. got email this morning. some of them are already in the database but now all are native.
https://babyaud.io/m1-updates

machinesworking wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:30 pm
Peevy2000 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 pm
You probably already did this, but the installer lets you install only what you want. Hit Customize and it allows each plug in and type to be deselected etc.
Yeah thanks, I worked it out...... eventually!

full bucket music have updated The Deputy Mark II with native support (v1.3.0).
Image Image Image Image

Not a definitive timescale but got this from SSL in response to my email:
We're planning on releasing the Silicon plugins soon. I hope you understand I can't be any more specific due to the nature of the development process but they will be along shortly.

After having purchased GS-DSP MagicPitch, I can confirm that it's M1 native.

And I suppose that his other plugin, MagicDelay, it's also M1 native, because it seems to run under the same engine (there is a demo version if someone want to test this, this week I'm away from my Mac).

Don't sleep on GS-DSP plugins, they're made by Gustav Scholda, main audio programmer of Kyma (one of the most powerful DSP tools, created to run a in a custom computer, and a standard for sound design in the movie industry).

MagicPitch is to pitch shifting the same that Minimal Audio Rift 2 is to distortion plugins.

I received this reply from BBE Sound today:
Yes the BBE Sonic Sweet will be updated for compatibility with the M1 chip Mac to run natively later this year.
On a number of Macs

IK Multimedia MODO BASS 2 is out.
Apple Silicon Native (Version 2.0.0)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Mike Moreno DSP - Lira-8, a drone synth inspired by the Lyra-8 by Soma Laboratory, it's M1 native since the 1.0.8 version released the 2th of February of 2022.

https://mikemorenodsp.gumroad.com/l/lira-8

Be aware that this new M1 native version is not code-signed, so you will need to have the XCode command tools installed on your Mac, and apply these two commands over the VST3 and the Audio Unit files:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /path/to/your.vst

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /path/to/your.vst

After applying the two commands, I can confirm that the VST3 version loads perfectly in Bitwig.

teilo, do you think you could add a line to the asaudio.tech info that tells how many plugin titles and developers are currently in the database?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”