Ujam Virtual Bassist Slap

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
Topic Starter
13613 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:00 pm

This sounds pretty damned good. I use VB Rowdy a lot so I bought this without hesitation after listening to the preset video (the second and fourth ones sold me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgE1eoxwR_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_mZ_-bC0k
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
4976 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 am

I have their basses and guitars. All very nice. Slap looks good but my "loyalty" price is $67 USD - they use FastSpring which adds tax (Im in Canada). That's dumb. $67USD is too much because generally I dont use slap bass. But... if Slaps quality is consistent with their other bass instruments, it should be pretty good!

User avatar
AnX
Banned
10805 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:35 am

You gonna do some Level 42 covers BONES?

:o

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
10664 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:31 am

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:35 am You gonna do some Level 42 covers BONES?

:o
I was thinking more Red Hot Chilli Peppers, attired in the sartorial stylee they adopted early in their career. :scared:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:41 am

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:31 am
AnX wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:35 am You gonna do some Level 42 covers BONES?

:o
I was thinking more Red Hot Chilli Peppers, attired in the sartorial stylee they adopted early in their career. :scared:
one of man's greatest questions answered

"what would killing joke sound like, if les claypool replaced youth?"
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9753 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:53 am

More like BONES Hot Chili Peppers. Or maybe Novafunk!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:55 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:53 am More like BONES Hot Chili Peppers. Or maybe Novafunk!
can only do novafunk, if he gets horn stabs too.
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

User avatar
starflakeprj
KVRAF
2268 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:35 am

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 am I have their basses and guitars. All very nice. Slap looks good but my "loyalty" price is $67 USD - they use FastSpring which adds tax (Im in Canada). That's dumb. $67USD is too much because generally I dont use slap bass. But... if Slaps quality is consistent with their other bass instruments, it should be pretty good!
I guess if you want to get rid of the tax you could purchase from AudioDeluxe or JRR Shop? they have the loyalty pricing there as well.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
Topic Starter
13613 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:25 pm

NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

User avatar
commerce
KVRist
54 posts since 13 Mar, 2020

Post Fri May 27, 2022 7:23 pm

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 am I have their basses and guitars.
I hope they update the guitars to V2.
Studio One 5, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 3

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
Topic Starter
13613 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sat May 28, 2022 10:25 am

Iron 2 has been around for a while and it's a very worthy upgrade, except they haven't extended the range much; it's still only about 2.5 octaves but at least it doesn't loop back to a higher/lower octave when it runs out of notes, like the original did. And Carbon is "second generation" from the start, so it doesn't need upgrading. It also has a much bigger note range, nearly four octaves.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”