Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Anyone else see how Antares is increasing their perpetual license prices by 20% to try and force everyone to move to a subscription? That is some of the most blatant greedy horsesh*t I’ve ever seen from a company like that. They’re not even trying to hide what they’re doing at this point.

Also looks like that means Auto-Tune Pro 9 isn’t gonna get Apple Silicon support and the upcoming Auto-Tune Pro X will, which is another bullsh*t money-grabbing move to try and get people to upgrade their licenses.

I absolutely resent this subscription-model that every company and their mother is moving to now. We’re going to have to start paying a subscription just to wear a pair of shoes soon.

Here is a little gem with big sound and it’s absolutely free :)
Monolit from Bleass:
https://www.bleass.com/monolit/

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm Here is a little gem with big sound and it’s absolutely free :)
Monolit from Bleass:
Current installer is Intel-only for some reason...

JonathanLevine wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:48 am Anyone else see how Antares is increasing their perpetual license prices by 20% to try and force everyone to move to a subscription? That is some of the most blatant greedy horsesh*t I’ve ever seen from a company like that. They’re not even trying to hide what they’re doing at this point.

Also looks like that means Auto-Tune Pro 9 isn’t gonna get Apple Silicon support and the upcoming Auto-Tune Pro X will, which is another bullsh*t money-grabbing move to try and get people to upgrade their licenses.

I absolutely resent this subscription-model that every company and their mother is moving to now. We’re going to have to start paying a subscription just to wear a pair of shoes soon.
Wait until the economy goes into recession and all of those music subs dry out as people cut back on expenses. I don't necessarily want the economy to tank, but there will be a little glee if some of these companies are forced to back-track on their sub models. I don't want anyone to go under entirely because that means laid off employees and potentially lost technology (or even further consolidation), but some of these companies really deserve a kick in the balls with their lackluster subscriptions.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:41 pm
JonathanLevine wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:48 am Anyone else see how Antares is increasing their perpetual license prices by 20% to try and force everyone to move to a subscription? That is some of the most blatant greedy horsesh*t I’ve ever seen from a company like that. They’re not even trying to hide what they’re doing at this point.

Wait until the economy goes into recession and all of those music subs dry out as people cut back on expenses. I don't necessarily want the economy to tank, but there will be a little glee if some of these companies are forced to back-track on their sub models. I don't want anyone to go under entirely because that means laid off employees and potentially lost technology (or even further consolidation), but some of these companies really deserve a kick in the balls with their lackluster subscriptions.
Indeed they do. I don’t even understand that business model at all, either. I understand giving people a subscription to cut down on upfront costs, but they should make it a rent-to-own kind of subscription instead, while still giving people the choice of buying a perpetual license up front. Never ending monthly payments for plug-ins or just certain software types in general doesn’t seem like a sustainable business model to me. People will end up avoiding companies with subscription-only models like that altogether and look somewhere else and boom; there goes a potential customer and lost money.

Steinberg's Backbone 1.5 is now native. The changelog in the updater app says so and after installing and dragging the .component file into 'Silicon' is indeed says that it is. Still can't manage that POS to run, though. No matter what I do, it just won't validate.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Auddict's PercX is 1.4.0 is M1 compatible.

It's not listed on the Auddict site as such, but the plugin GUI had a notification when I opened it today letting me know the new version was available and AS ready.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 12.4.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays, Lynx Aurora (n) USB, DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com

So happy to run UAD Version of it which is native and also the latest version available at the moment.

cadiz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:16 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm Here is a little gem with big sound and it’s absolutely free :)
Monolit from Bleass:
Most of installers from many developers are but apps/plugins are AS native

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:53 pm
cadiz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:16 pm
Monolit from Bleass:
Most of installers from many developers are but apps/plugins are AS native
Tested this one and the plugins are Intel only

I don’t know which installer you use but I own the bundle from Bleass and I use Studio One in Native Mode. All Plugins that I installed and use are Apple Silicon Native. But since it’s a free plugin, we’ll possible that monolit isn’t Apple silicon native.

Can check that later after work

@cadiz
Last edited by Anonym32339 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monolit is definitely not native.

teilo wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:40 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:53 pm Well, it appears that it is not AS native after all…
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/vst-live ... i/792268/2
FFS, Steinberg! Can't you even be bothered to get your System Specs correct? This is pathetic! It's actually false advertising.

Thanks for the research, Atlatnesiti. Deactivated that entry for now.
Yeah since I posted that it was advertised as Native and Rosetta 2, they removed the term Native.... total BS, but Steinberg SOP.

I can confirm, that Backbone 1.5 is in fact also available as a native plugin and it is working just fine in my Cubase 12 running in native mode. Steinberg has also updated their website regarding the system requirements, which were wrong on launchday.

New Lindell Audio SBC from Plugin Alliance is M1 Native.

I was hoping the rest of the Lindell Plugs would get the M1 Native treatment, but nope!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”