Midi Feedback

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy Roger and Geert,

Does the Linnstrument support midi feedback? EG, if a Linnstrument fader is linked to a parameter in a DAW or plug-in, and midi feedback is on for the LInnstrument in the host, should I see direct changes to that parameter (via the mouse or modulation from another source or some such) updated on the Linnstrument, and NOT hear a value jump next time I move the fader?

I've been trying to get this to work all evening (using same procedures that have worked for Lemur and for a BCF2000's motorized faders) , but it just occurred to me that I should check to make sure it's supported in the first place before continuing!

Thanks!

Brook
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Hi Bruce,

Yes, the CC Faders feature in LinnStrument is implemented such that the visual faders do respond to received CC messages on the split's Main channel.

However, I just tested this capability and found a bug: If you change any of the CC Faders to a CC number other than the default CC numbers 1 through 8, each fader 1-8 will still receive only on the default CC numbers 1-8. We'll try to get that one fixed pretty soon.

Hi!

Happy new Linnstrument owner here! And after playing a lot with launchpads, I found it to be awesome !

Could the Midi feedback be added to the left split faders too ! I much prefer playing with my right hand and controlling faders with the left one.

Edit : Oh!! I just found out how to achieve that : the faders have to be set to distinct cc message from the right split isn't it ?
All good then ! :)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”