Tolis Vagios - Planets

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is my first album in an experimental electronic style I released back at 2019. I would say that as a rock fan the influences from bands like Pink Floyd, Eloy and Genesis are more than apparent :)

Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/lD9aj35CeP8

I am enjoying this track Mercury.
Wow, this post is almost 49 minutes.
Beautiful melody, very invigorating beat, and very nice recording.
Thanks.
Rene

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:41 am I am enjoying this track Mercury.
Wow, this post is almost 49 minutes.
Beautiful melody, very invigorating beat, and very nice recording.
Thanks.
Rene
I thank you a lot for your words!

This is really good! Definitely enjoyed them.

margaret0547 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:40 pm This is really good! Definitely enjoyed them.
Thanks a lot! :tu:

I like the vibe and sounds you used.
I noticed there was not much high frequency content in the songs. Maybe you like it that way as a style choice. Billie Eilish has done OK with not having so much HF.
However, for music without vocals, I think a little HF would enhance what you've done.

Yeah, that really sounds great, like a 70s electronic act (with modern touches), like Tangerine Dream or something. HF seems right for the style.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Listened to it all over a few days now - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes, very 1970s, but much more JMJ, Tangerine Dream or maybe Tomita for me than PF or Genesis?

Lovely warm sound to it all with everything generally clear and balanced...actually very pleasant to listen to!

Small points - yes, I agree with Bansaw that there is a significant amount of high frequency content 'missing' as such right across all the tracks...maybe intentionally?

Also on the same topic - the high frequency content does vary quite significantly from track to track.

Musically, some were much more textural than others and personally I preferred those with slightly more obvious lead melodic content - Mercury and Uranus in particular. Also loved the textural and rhythmic variety in Mars...that rippling and then suddenly hollow ending is great!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:05 am I like the vibe and sounds you used.
I noticed there was not much high frequency content in the songs. Maybe you like it that way as a style choice. Billie Eilish has done OK with not having so much HF.
However, for music without vocals, I think a little HF would enhance what you've done.
Thanks a lot :)
I was going for more mid frequencies driven music. It was my first attempt in electronic music genre and I am mainly a metal- rock listener. I liked here how the hats are heard reducing their highs. I went very experimental with them and other synths

CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 am Yeah, that really sounds great, like a 70s electronic act (with modern touches), like Tangerine Dream or something. HF seems right for the style.
Yes I agree a lot. TD is my to go band when I need to relax and "travel" . Well for more than 20 years hahaha
I guess it influened me more than I expected

Thanks for your words!!

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:28 pm Listened to it all over a few days now - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes, very 1970s, but much more JMJ, Tangerine Dream or maybe Tomita for me than PF or Genesis?

Lovely warm sound to it all with everything generally clear and balanced...actually very pleasant to listen to!

Small points - yes, I agree with Bansaw that there is a significant amount of high frequency content 'missing' as such right across all the tracks...maybe intentionally?

Also on the same topic - the high frequency content does vary quite significantly from track to track.

Musically, some were much more textural than others and personally I preferred those with slightly more obvious lead melodic content - Mercury and Uranus in particular. Also loved the textural and rhythmic variety in Mars...that rippling and then suddenly hollow ending is great!
Thanks a lot!!!
I love the warm elements and experimentation of those years. It was very strange for me to not use guitars in the album as I am a rock / metal listener mainly. Fortunately my brother the last years studied drums and with one more friend I am now working on a prog rock-metal band here in Greece having Pink Floyd, Eloy, Leprous, Aphrodite's child, Riverside and other bands in this style on main line.

I used the same mix and master approach for all 8 songs as I like an album to sound as a cohesive piece.

Return to “Music Cafe”