Allomerus - Broken Symmetry

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Hi John,
Hope you're doing OK...I haven't been on KVR much at all of late, so apologies if I've missed any of your tracks!

Love the wide open space of the twinkling electronics combined with that more intense guitar (?) at the beginning.

Great riff that kicks in - instantly catchy (and now stuck in head for the day! :)

Unexpected but very effective change of mood at around 3mins 40 seconds...bit of gently driving pace injected into proceedings and a great bit of bass work....is that a mellotron I can hear as well?

Same at 6 mins - lovely drop in intensity after the main riff had returned.

Quite a menacing outro as well!

Held my attention throughout hard to believe it's 9 mins + long! Great track!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Thanks Mark.
I've been busy with other stuff I didn't think was appropriate for here. But I have started making at our new Prog album so I thought I'd put it here. Yes the main riff is a bit of an ear worm for me as well, it was hard to not play it more...

I really appreciate your listen and the last comment in particular.
Bandcamp

This one seems to be ticking all of the Prog checkboxes. I loved the synth intro with the sustained guitars on top. When the drums, bass and mellotron arrive at 1:14, I can tell that I'm in for a wild ride. I really enjoyed the bass-driven section beginning at 3:50, and the reversed? guitar section at 6:05, which was quite spooky. Paul's kit was sounded great on here too.

I enjoyed the video. Abandoned power stations are guaranteed to get my attention 8)

Good work :)

I feel like floating in space.
The melodies are quite interesting, and inviting.
The bass and drums are great drivers, love the beat.
The video is very interesting and enjoyable.
The guitar solo is what I love most!!!
Thank you for this recording.
Rene

Hi Mark,
I missed a couple of your questions, sorry.
The guitar at the start before the riff is 3 guitars with an eBow to sustain notes.
Yes, Mellotron aplenty here.
:)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm This one seems to be ticking all of the Prog checkboxes. I loved the synth intro with the sustained guitars on top. When the drums, bass and mellotron arrive at 1:14, I can tell that I'm in for a wild ride. I really enjoyed the bass-driven section beginning at 3:50, and the reversed? guitar section at 6:05, which was quite spooky. Paul's kit was sounded great on here too.

I enjoyed the video. Abandoned power stations are guaranteed to get my attention 8)

Good work :)
Thanks Tim.
The bass was a pattern I got from my TD-3 using the random pattern generator. It come up with some very cool patterns (Had to modify it a bit though). The reversed guitar is using my sy1000 which is generating a synth as well as guitar modelling which sounds great in reverse.
I'm glad his kit sounded good as the snare mic was a playing up but the overheads managed to make up for the missing crispness.
The round power station was meant to be a nuclear plant apparently.
Bandcamp

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:06 pm I feel like floating in space.
The melodies are quite interesting, and inviting.
The bass and drums are great drivers, love the beat.
The video is very interesting and enjoyable.
The guitar solo is what I love most!!!
Thank you for this recording.
Rene
Thanks Rene for your nice comments, I didn't really think much about the solo, just played something simple and more melodic I guess instead of a million notes like I usually do... ;)
Bandcamp

nice instrumental music with variety parts. Strong soundscape. I like the composition and sounds.

Ooo, that begins very shallowly and slowly, almost ethereally enraptured.
From 1:18 the electric guitar (?) starts and adds some power. A bit as if
the concrete buildings would disturb the beautifully balanced landscape.

In general, one has the impression that there is a constant battle between
nature and concrete. The macro video parts of the ants surprise
considerably. All in all, a very spherical narrative instrumental that is
composed very cleverly and designed in a thrilling way.

Why do you call it "Broken Symmetry"? What symmetry do you mean?
I would rather call it the "concrete invasion".

Overall: Great. Well done. great story. :tu:
And above all: Not too short! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Allomerus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 am Hi Mark,
I missed a couple of your questions, sorry.
The guitar at the start before the riff is 3 guitars with an eBow to sustain notes.
Yes, Mellotron aplenty here.
Cheers John... eBow - yep, that makes sense! I thought it was guitar but couldn't work out what was going on! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

markkuja wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:19 pm nice instrumental music with variety parts. Strong soundscape. I like the composition and sounds.
Thanks Markku! Glad you enjoyed it! All the best.
Bandcamp

Solid work! I'm glad your brother is back on drums. The bass driven sections starting at around 3:38 are my favorite.

enroe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:58 pm Ooo, that begins very shallowly and slowly, almost ethereally enraptured.
From 1:18 the electric guitar (?) starts and adds some power. A bit as if
the concrete buildings would disturb the beautifully balanced landscape.

In general, one has the impression that there is a constant battle between
nature and concrete. The macro video parts of the ants surprise
considerably. All in all, a very spherical narrative instrumental that is
composed very cleverly and designed in a thrilling way.

Why do you call it "Broken Symmetry"? What symmetry do you mean?
I would rather call it the "concrete invasion".

Overall: Great. Well done. great story. :tu:
And above all: Not too short! :)
Thank you enroe. The ants are there because of "Allomerus". The title was chosen because it originally started off as a symmetrical version of another track we have been working on. I want this to be the first track of our new album and the other track the last. It has changed a lot since then but the name remains.
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:20 am Solid work! I'm glad your brother is back on drums. The bass driven sections starting at around 3:38 are my favorite.
Thanks Frantz. I'm glad he is back too! The bass section is derived from a TD-3 pattern I chose from a random set I generated.
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”