Contest June: Submission (Closed)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Photo

Make music inspired by the photo, the music must be 5/4 time signature. Do you have trouble making music in 5/4 try at least do some of the music in 5/4. And write what you did, it will help people when voting.

3 Min
Submitted by june 27

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - Time Limit: 3 min
3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artist name is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hellfog on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So, I was already inspired by trying something in 5/4 I played with it a bit but it's still 1 2 3 4 5 if you count :S

I see a bike, freshly forgotten after some addict stole it to ride it to their next fix.

Sup drummer and absynth then just guitars.

https://soundcloud.com/postalpro/chicke ... al_sharing
I play guitar

Such a depressing photo of urban degradation!

My analytical mind said urban degrade, abandoned building, past slum / grey, colorless, liveless / locked door, nobody wants to break in / juvenile tags, tasteless, no art here / stagnation, no hope for future, worthlessness / old age / no people / must be the photographer's bicycle

I thought at first we would use images we found ourselves but nevermind, music happened through this too.

I was a bit surprised how the composition started sounding when I got into fitting instruments on it, too much harmony.

2206_harvon_Urban_Degradation.mp3

MuseScore, Studio One
Kontakt Absynth, Cello Solo, Bassoon
Versilian Chamber Orchestra Violin
Synthmaster Player Organ
No FX

here's my submission for this month's contest.

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/2206_3lu5iv3_uleon

DAW = Reaper 6.60
Instruments = N/A
Samples = Samplephonics Opolopo Deep And Funky HouseKits
Effects = GTune, StereoTool, 4U+ ProjectTime, SPAN, ReaLimit
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Basement Jam - In between Music and Video Games

HW:
Charvel Jackson Guitar, Rocktron Chameleon, Behringer Model-D, Se-02, Waldorf Rocket
SW :
NI B4, NI Bandstand, NI Battery, MinimogueVa, Mr. Alias 2, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, Trilogy, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field

Strolling Through The Old Town

It is funny how we look upon things in different ways. I see a section of what is most likely a picturesque old house and some interesting artwork.
The center piece is a well-maintained bicycle, fit for city traffic and securely locked to the grid. Judging from its hard tires it has been used quite recently.

All in all a pleasant, somewhat melancholic scene that the photographer happened to find on his/her path.

Plugin instruments
Ample Sound Guitar T
Ample Sound Bass Acoustic
EastWest Gypsy Campana Accordion
EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Vibraphone

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/mr-n ... d-in-malmo
I thought of a film; wanted the background music to be full of both hope/promise of being with old, dear friends and pathos/pain of someone close to us passing. Then I get there and the door locked, nobody home. This is odd(but not unlike them as I remember).
The piece itself is "keep it simple, stupid".
Alvarez & Nelligan Dreads - Ableton Studio Grand - Wavetable - DimensionPro - Sampler - DrumRack - LIVE EFX - Ozone
Peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Last Seen Wearing

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Fender Telecaster
Squier Bass

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2
Tracktion 4-Band EQ & Low/High Pass Filter
TDR Feedback Compressor & Nova
OrilRiver
Vocal King
PhreePhuzz
HaNonB701
mdaEpiano
LABS
Master Mix
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

P-800

https://soundcloud.com/slugnest/silverp ... al_sharing

I imagined a dystopian future with a secret bunker called P-800.

DAW: Reaper
Steve Slate Drums, Ample Bass P Lite II, Ample Metal Eclipse Guitar, Keyzone Piano, Surge synthesizer, my voice.
Dead Duck Compressor, Limiter, Overdrive, Filter. OrilRiver Reverb. Boogex Amp Sim. Valhalla Supermassive Delay. ReaXComp. Voxengo SPAN.
Captain Silverpants

i
i think that if you open the door you enter in a huge squatt where everybody can jam .. so that the taste "industrial " of this track
sorry but not enough time to finish it :?
we can jam in joe biden's garage

Ableton live
reaktor ( spark and zarbydrummer )
ni battery ( neubauten kit )
sax lab
my guitar
and a magic instument

Return to “Music Cafe”