Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
3748 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:41 am

Any word on Relab reverbs going native?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

JonathanLevine
KVRer
26 posts since 14 Apr, 2022

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 am

So according to LennarDigital’s support, I guess Sylenth1 is going to get a native Apple Silicon & VST3 version at some point, but no idea when.

Sent them an email asking if it was abandonware since it hasn’t been updated in years but they said it isn’t. Also kind of find that hard to believe but I guess we’ll see.

eagle007
KVRer
17 posts since 16 Mar, 2022

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:08 am

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:53 am
cadiz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:16 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:52 am Here is a little gem with big sound and it’s absolutely free :)
Monolit from Bleass:
https://www.bleass.com/monolit/
Current installer is Intel-only for some reason...
Most of installers from many developers are but apps/plugins are AS native
Well, all of their current plugins _except_ for their Pro version are native now. I already found it bizarre that with the Pro license I was not able to use the Artist version. But they are only screwing over the "serious" users, which is very concerning as you can draw the conclusion that they think that that's where the money is and they do not care about loyalty of customers.

eagle007
KVRer

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:11 am

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:41 am Any word on Relab reverbs going native?
Well, reverbs... at least there seem to be a beta version of their LX480 which should get a major upgrade with M1 support some day. But as usual with them, not the slightest indication of an estimated release date. As this is the second time I experience a similar upgrade sequence with them, I moved to the UAD version.

eagle007
KVRer

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:13 am

JonathanLevine wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 am So according to LennarDigital’s support, I guess Sylenth1 is going to get a native Apple Silicon & VST3 version at some point, but no idea when.

Sent them an email asking if it was abandonware since it hasn’t been updated in years but they said it isn’t. Also kind of find that hard to believe but I guess we’ll see.
Yeah, read about that over a year ago. If it's going to take as long as the migration from 32 to 64 bit, then add a few years to your waiting list.

jamcat
KVRAF
2439 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:41 am Any word on Relab reverbs going native?
Native Apple Silicon and VST3 are both said to be in the works. Next release of LX480 will be VST3, apparently, though I'm not sure if it will also be native AS.

The problem with Relab, of course, is that there are lots of things in the works. They just never seem to get released. Honestly I don't know how a company even survives with a release schedule like that.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

adamjay
KVRist
164 posts since 1 Sep, 2004

Post Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:33 am

davestretch wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:49 am New Lindell Audio SBC from Plugin Alliance is M1 Native.

I was hoping the rest of the Lindell Plugs would get the M1 Native treatment, but nope!
Yea this is getting a bit ridiculous now.
Lindell and NI account for about 60% of what I’ve spent on plugins in the last two years and have little to show for Apple Silicon updates.

Not interested in giving either more money until they push out updates for the things they’ve already got my money for!

coolbass
KVRer
12 posts since 21 Aug, 2007

Post Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:14 pm

davestretch wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:49 am New Lindell Audio SBC from Plugin Alliance is M1 Native.

I was hoping the rest of the Lindell Plugs would get the M1 Native treatment, but nope!
Indeed. Ridiculous!

dayjob
KVRAF
2184 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:16 am

emailed GRM about their plug ins.. no apple silicon native before the end of the year.
Not before the end of 2022.
You can use GRM Tools (3.10) on M1 computers through Rosetta.

Best regards,

Emmanuel

GRM Tools Sales
INA grm

boojiboy
KVRist
42 posts since 23 Oct, 2003 from London

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:01 am

At least another 6 months? That's impressive.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9863 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:48 pm

I suspect some of these smaller companies, who don't have huge product lines, likely contract out development (versus having full-time developers on staff) and the result of that is they're slow on the uptake for Apple Silicon support.

kidslow
KVRian
613 posts since 26 Aug, 2019

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:04 pm

A couple of notables here:

Freakshow Industries 1.02 update has enabled native ARM support on Silicon. I can only attest to DumpsterFire and MISHBY after I installed and verified. There are no release notes nor any other indications of this change, except that the version numbers iterated about a week ago.

Puremagnetik also appears to have started upgrading silently. I only have encountered native Silicon support in Bitfight 83 and Clusters, where there is also now a VST3 build. There is no documentation to indicate this change, but I check every plugin I install.

kurtg
KVRer
7 posts since 21 Sep, 2007

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:49 pm

about Puremagnetik, i contacted the developer 10 days ago about VST3 and AS. Very friendly developer. The following weeks PM will update the plugins.
which are already done : rust, bitfight83 and clusters

Markus Krause
KVRian
1430 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 pm

Electra 2.9.5 (free update)

The update is available for free for all Electra2 users. It adds native Apple M1 ARM support for Mac.

New features:

- AudioUnit version supports M1 native.
- VSTi version supports M1 native.
- Help->'Show version info' displays the mode in which the plugin is running (ARM/Intel).

Enhancements:

- Much faster loading times on M1 Macs.
- The native M1 support results in 20% lower CPU use compared to Rosetta2 Mode.
- More responsive GUI on M1 Macs.
- More precise graphics for the knobs.
- Several small enhancements.

Changes:

- AudioUnit is now an AUv2 plugin.
- AudioUnit and VSTi are now a Universal Binary for Intel and M1.
- Minimum MacOS version is now 10.11. If you still use an older version you must stick with Electra v2.9.

Notes:
Unlike what Apple suggests to their customers porting complex products to native M1 is not easy at all. In our case it did mean many months of additional work.

Download link demo:
https://www.tone2.com/Tone2_Electra2_demo_Mac.pkg

Download link full version (requires a valid keyfile):
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Electra2_Mac.pkg
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

sprnva
KVRAF
2268 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Post Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:03 am

The newly-released Apogee Soft Limit is native.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”