2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:16 pm It's crazy because I ship and receive stuff several times a week, every week. Never had an issue like this. I've had very good customer service from FedEx in the past. Some bad experiences with UPS support but no lost packages and the people at my local UPS store have always been helpful.
Honestly, I've had the best luck with USPS.

It's tough because it's likely a result of individuals who are underpaid/overworked messing up but the companies do not care and hope I will just let it go. The hoops I've had to jump through, just to be acknowledged. It's depressing but I'm not deterred.
It is depressing and traumatic, waiting for a package these days is tortuous. This was the first loss
for me, I have had good luck with the USPS for the most part. Your news is especially bad, since
I pretty much took the problem to be mostly with overseas shipping, not domestic. :?

Anyway, don't give up and remember you automatically win in civil court if they fail to show up
for it.

pekbro wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pmThese services really need to be held accountable, pretty sure it's often not
even possible to take out enough insurance to cover the cost of many items, and they don't
care at all, ooops sry, looks like I lost your stuff, silly me.
I always ship with the full value of the item insured. When I had my Serge panels shipped it was $800 for the insurance alone. I think USPS may have limits on the amount of insurance but FedEx and UPS don't. The problem is, if you aren't a store and you cannot show an invoice for the value of the package contents (so in the situation where I'm shipping/receiving repairs) they won't just pay what you insured the package for. Luckily I had proof of value for all the stuff that got lost or damaged, but it's still been a nightmare trying to convince them that what I said was in the box, was actually in there.

I would like to buy/pre-order Enjoy Labs "The Godfather" multi-fx unit.

Unfortunately (according to my bank) their Indiegogo site doesn't have the correct security in place, so mastercard won't authorize the payment. I contacted Enjoy Labs about the issue and they asked for a screenshot of the "payment refusal" page aso they could contact Indiegogo in order to clear the purchase. I sent the screenie on Saturday, but no word from Indiegogo yet.

Can you not pay on your credit card via Paypal?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm Can you not pay on your credit card via Paypal?
I don't know. I don't think they accept Paypal. It's not included in the payment options. Will have to wait and see how/if the seller wants to proceed.

Maybe it’s for the best. Not worth it if they have got an insecure payments portal.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm Can you not pay on your credit card via Paypal?
I don't know. I don't think they accept Paypal. It's not included in the payment options. Will have to wait and see how/if the seller wants to proceed.
I use a masked virtual credit card with them for security, that way they can't access my actual card at all. It can only be used at indigogo and I can turn it on and off or set the limit on it at any time.

justin3am wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:06 pm I've now had 4 packages lost or damaged in the last 2 months, at a loss of about $8500. I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer trust UPS or Fedex at all. I'm still waiting to get the insurance money from UPS for the package they lost at the beginning of May. I'll only be doing in person pickup/drop-off or DHL/courier service from now on. This is gonna have a huge impact on my burgeoning synth repair service but it is what it is.
My UPS carrier literally said that if I care about a package I should use DHL.
Damn that’s a big hit. I was just wondering about this. I need to get the SP12 fixed and I’m not sure I can trust to have that done in NYC.
Then the idea of shipping something that can’t easily be replaced is worrisome.

Just ordered an Oto Bim on discount from Perfect Circuit.

The missus’ birthday was yesterday and still have have some more celebrating to do this weekend, but this one has been on the wishlist for too long. I just needed the right excuse to order.

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:41 am Just ordered an Oto Bim on discount from Perfect Circuit.

The missus’ birthday was yesterday and still have have some more celebrating to do this weekend, but this one has been on the wishlist for too long. I just needed the right excuse to order.
Nice! I'm jealous. Are you planning to get the compressor as well? I would just because. :lol:

pekbro wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 am
elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:41 am Just ordered an Oto Bim on discount from Perfect Circuit.

Nice! I'm jealous. Are you planning to get the compressor as well? I would just because. :lol:
I’m pretty sure I’m going full on Pokémon to complete the trio. I want to add an Analog Heat before Boum, but if I see Boum in stock, I’ll likely go for it.

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:15 am
pekbro wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 am

I’m pretty sure I’m going full on Pokémon to complete the trio. I want to add an Analog Heat before Boum, but if I see Boum in stock, I’ll likely go for it.
Alright! Pokémon Fight! :tu:

but yeah, I have the Elektron unit on my list as well, expensive bugger, so much so, that I haven't been able to talk myself into actually buying it. :lol:

I get a lot of use from my Analog Heat. I use it quite a bit as a mixing tool but the modulation options make it great for more creative applications. One of my favorite things is that you can use the envelope follower to control any of the gain stages, which makes it an interesting dynamics processor. I've gotten some really interesting compression and gating patches. The CV inputs are very handy as well.

justin3am wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 pm I get a lot of use from my Analog Heat. I use it quite a bit as a mixing tool but the modulation options make it great for more creative applications. One of my favorite things is that you can use the envelope follower to control any of the gain stages, which makes it an interesting dynamics processor. I've gotten some really interesting compression and gating patches. The CV inputs are very handy as well.
I didn't know about the CV inputs!

I see it easily becoming one of my used bits of gear, which makes me feel a bit guilty about buying Oto Bim first. Then again, I bought it close to what it's been going for used (after shipping + taxes).

Today, I saw a great deal for a used Analog Heat, but I just can't pull the trigger on it. I'd rather have this one new for some reason.

Just ordered a Xaoc Koszalin. It's still listed as pre-order at most places, but Thomann and Schneidersladen have it in stock now. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”