Good budget Orchestra sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So many orchestra libraries to choose from nowadays. I have the free ones, Project Sam with Kontakt player, and the Spitfire BBC library. Oh and the handy little free Sonatina vst which makes a good sketchpad.
They're good, I'm just wondering if I can do better or not, with a small budget and no full Kontakt ?

This sounds nice and are tweakable.
viewtopic.php?t=573223

Saffran wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm This sounds nice and are tweakable.
viewtopic.php?t=573223
Thanks Saffran I'll check 'em out

What's a small budget? Perhaps getting the Core update to BBCSO Discovery (usually at around 200 EUR when on sale) might fit.

There aren't very many 'cheap' orchestras like: Areia Lite, https://www.audioimperia.com/products/a ... akt-player that in my opinion I would not get, but instead save for the BBCSO Core upgrade. It's just that good.

But whatever you do, don't get orchestral libraries at full price. They are very frequently on sale.

cdbaksu wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:53 pm What's a small budget? Perhaps getting the Core update to BBCSO Discovery (usually at around 200 EUR when on sale) might fit.

There aren't very many 'cheap' orchestras like: Areia Lite, https://www.audioimperia.com/products/a ... akt-player that in my opinion I would not get, but instead save for the BBCSO Core upgrade. It's just that good.

But whatever you do, don't get orchestral libraries at full price. They are very frequently on sale.
Thaks cdbaksu , sounds like BBCSO Core is one to save up for.

You can find decent ones for under $100US. Check out Miroslav Philharmonik from IKMulti, the one from Garritan and the one from UVI. Some oddball instruments as well as some articulations may be missing.

Be sure to look at the instrument lists and listen well, and wait for a sale. Each of the above has a particular sound to it,
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:36 pm You can find decent ones for under $100US. Check out Miroslav Philharmonik from IKMulti, the one from Garritan
Don't know that I'd recommend either frankly, esp Garritan, which was one of the better offerings years ago but time has passed it by. If the OP is looking for quality but inexpensive, I would take Amadeus over either of those ($149). Check the online demos...someone else turned me on to this and I was surprised how good it sounds, and it's more full-featured than anything mentioned so far, including BBCSO, which is a memory hog and has no string solo instruments or any ensembles. Some are high on Audio Imperia's Nucleus also, which can be had for abour $250 on sale.

For free, check out Palette and VSCO's offerings. Of course all this depends on how much functionality you need too.

Thanks for the tips

Anthology Orchestra Instrument for Concerto is free now through Roland Cloud. It's not like Spitfire Audio super high-end sounds, but you may like it. :)
https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_a ... orchestra/

Palette and Amadeus appear to require full Kontakt BTW- not familiar with how Roland cloud works-will check , thank you

It should work OK with the free Roland Cloud account, so you'd need to sign up for that. Then after installing the Roland Cloud Manager, on the left side click where it says "Software", then at the top-right click on where it says "Discontinued".

RCM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:26 pm It should work OK with the free Roland Cloud account, so you'd need to sign up for that. Then after installing the Roland Cloud Manager, on the left side click where it says "Software", then at the top-right click on where it says "Discontinued".
RCM.jpg
Worth exploring for me. Do these run independently or do they need the 'Concerto' host plugin?
Which I'm not seeing anywhere as I did before in my free account. (Just the discontinued banks/packs.)

BBFG# wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:55 pm
Examigan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:26 pm It should work OK with the free Roland Cloud account, so you'd need to sign up for that. Then after installing the Roland Cloud Manager, on the left side click where it says "Software", then at the top-right click on where it says "Discontinued".
RCM.jpg
Worth exploring for me. Do these run independently or do they need the 'Concerto' host plugin?
Which I'm not seeing anywhere as I did before in my free account. (Just the discontinued banks/packs.)
When you install the 4 Orchestral soundsets (or even just one of them) it has Concerto included. It is required.
You can see I loaded some various soundsets in this screenshot and they show up on the left side where you can set them to different MIDI channels, or layer them on the same channel.

Concerto.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hotmitts wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:53 pm Palette and Amadeus appear to require full Kontakt BTW- not familiar with how Roland cloud works-will check , thank you
? Amadeus works in the free version of Kontakt ("Kontakt Player").

mixyguy2 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:12 am
hotmitts wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:53 pm Palette and Amadeus appear to require full Kontakt BTW- not familiar with how Roland cloud works-will check , thank you
? Amadeus works in the free version of Kontakt ("Kontakt Player").
You're right , apologies I got muddled

Return to “Instruments”