Contest: July ”Submission” --- Closed ---

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hellfog
KVRian
Topic Starter
1044 posts since 1 Jan, 2009

Post Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:23 am

One Instrument

Do a song with only one instrument and patch on one track only.
One instrument of your choosing, with or without (vocals) on one track only.

so you can in total make 2 tracks = 1 instrument + vocal

Time Limit: 3 min
Deadline: July 27

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - Time Limit: 3 min
3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artist name is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.
Last edited by Hellfog on Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mountainmaster
KVRist
353 posts since 10 Jun, 2007 from Netherlands

Post Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:44 am

Moonlit Teardrops

Plugin instrument
DS Audio Thorn

I used Thorn's glitch sequencer to generate several different sound textures and finished off the patch with random arpeggio. This creates the illusion of multiple instruments playing while in fact it is only one instrument.
A whole-tone scale sets the mysterious mood of this piece.

Chickenman
KVRian
780 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from QLD, Australia

Post Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 pm

I just used Psychedelay (x2) and some verb and improvised something simple, automated the mix parameter for something different in the middle where I played some fast stuff.

Obviously it's just a H3000 style thing but if it's good enough for Vai it's good enough for me :D

https://soundcloud.com/postalpro/2207_c ... an_radiate
Last edited by Chickenman on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I play guitar

harvon
KVRist
334 posts since 1 Oct, 2019

Post Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 am

J. & J. Kammen Music Company, 1920s to 1970s, commonly known as the Kammen Brothers, was an american sheet music publishing company. I present Bulgar, Kammen International Dance Folio No. 9 #15, a jewish klezmer by Charles Corman, for which I composed some extra length ( from 1:22 onward ) and which I arranged for pipe organ.

2207_harvon_Bulgar.mp3

MuseScore, Studio One
Organteq 1

folderol
KVRAF
5168 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - The Mudway Towns

Post Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:44 am

https://archive.org/download/BitsAndPie ... _Alone.mp3

Well, I didn't expect to get this out so quickly :hyper:
It's a Yoshimi improv

Single instrument -> Multi Rushes
Single track
Single pass
No post processing or editing
Played two hands and one foot, with foot pedal MIDI_learned to both filter cutoff and Q
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

VCA-089
KVRist
188 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:38 am

https://youtu.be/Iw-I-lu1dYc
Download: FLAC | MP3

Submitting for the first time!

Recently I got hold of Musiclab's "RealLPC" virtual electric guitar. I think it's a great opportunity to test it. I tried to create something like guitar ambient with some psychedelic/space rock influence. It's may be a bit dull because I never played a guitar in RL and only have a few times programming a virtual guitar parts.

I used Tonelib "GFX" to precess the sound. The effects chain is: Overdrive>Rotary speaker emulation>Reverb>Amplifer (Marshall JTM45 emulation)>Cab sim. The signal is also precessed with post EQ.

"Irid" shimmer reverb from Tritik used as a source of a synth-like pad in the background. I play a D7b5 chord in the beginning and then use "Freeze" function. It stays frozen till the end of a track. Some of the reverb's parameters are automated to create a different soundscapes.

The signal chain ends with "Outer Space" tape echo emulation form Audio Thing, "Xenoverb" from Audiority with a plate reverb setting and "Cassette" from Wavesfactory that gives a worn tape sound.

Mastered with TRD "Nova" dynamic EQ and TDR "Limiter N6".

Full effects list:

ToneLib "GFX"
TDR & VoS "Slick EQ GE"
Tritik "Irid"
Audio Thing "Outer Space"
Audiority "Xenoverb"
Wavesfactory "Cassette"
TRD "Nova"
TDR "Limiter 6 GE"

8 effects and 7 automation tracks in total.

Produced in FL Studio 20.9.2.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Babylon420
KVRist
30 posts since 24 Sep, 2021

Post Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 pm

I used FLStudio, the Instrument is the Glass Piano from Labs and i used the FruityParametric EQ2 and the MCompressor

https://soundcloud.com/user-118005903/the-star

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H7pe2m ... sp=sharing

Mister Natural
KVRAF
2765 posts since 28 Oct, 2007 from michigan

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:26 am

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/0722 ... t-to-say-1
Ableton Sampler "Cello Harmonics" and EFX
Peace
Last edited by Mister Natural on Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Laguna Rising
KVRAF
7050 posts since 4 Apr, 2005 from here and there

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:08 am

Summertime

HW:
Jazz-bass, Zoom MS-60B
SW :
Vocaloid Amy, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field

beanpole
KVRist
419 posts since 6 May, 2005 from Somewhere In Scotland

Post Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:32 am

Just a poorly played guitar and an out of tune vocal, as usual :hihi:
Every Day

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Yamaha acoustic guitar

Plug-Ins
Tracktion 4-Band EQ & Low/High Pass Filter
TDR Feedback Compressor
OrilRiver
Vocal King
Wider
Melodyne
Master Mix
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

kovacs
KVRAF
2743 posts since 5 Dec, 2003 from Harlan's World

Post Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:52 pm

This is a meditation on the scenery from my mountain cabin.

"Skumre" is Norwegian for "twilighting" (ie, the dying of the light).

https://soundcloud.com/turbotobben/skumre

Gear:
Classical guitar recorded in my mountain cabin with the voice recorder app on my iPhone (single take)
Logic Pro X
- IK Mixbox for ambience
- iZotope Neutron 3 for EQ
- iZotope Ozone 9 Advanced for some mastering

By the way, the track photo is the actual view from my cabin.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Return to “Music Cafe”