Dev needed for Distortion VST

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! I hope you don't mind that I am new here, but I was told KVR has some great developers. I am looking to get a simple distortion VST plugin created - something similar to sausage fattener, but with a few more options (I know..I know :lol: )

If you could PM me here, perhaps with a ballpark estimate of cost (if that is even possible). I can create all the graphics for the VST for you.

Apologies in advance if I come across as having a lack of expertise or if this is not the right place to post my job. Have a great day and thank you for your time,

Matt

25000 USD

msmusic wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:20 pm Hi there! I hope you don't mind that I am new here, but I was told KVR has some great developers. I am looking to get a simple distortion VST plugin created - something similar to sausage fattener, but with a few more options (I know..I know :lol: )

If you could PM me here, perhaps with a ballpark estimate of cost (if that is even possible). I can create all the graphics for the VST for you.

Apologies in advance if I come across as having a lack of expertise or if this is not the right place to post my job. Have a great day and thank you for your time,

Matt
viewtopic.php?t=194452
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Can you provide the name of the distortion types needed to create your effect?

You know what though, this kind of request SHOULD be trivial. This is 2022, we are entering a new era of audio plugin development, there's many ways to create something.

Matt, your bigger problem is that you seem to have no idea what you want, because if you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create. So, now's your chance to prove me wrong.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:19 pm Matt, your bigger problem is that
he hasnt been back to KVR in the three weeks since he posted.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:19 pmif you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create.
err..

oh.

and well i guess that would give away the product to possible competition.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:25 pm
Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:19 pm Matt, your bigger problem is that
he hasnt been back to KVR in the three weeks since he posted.
hah.

yeah i wonder why. *sarcasm intended* KVR is not a welcoming place to people like him. I hope that changes one day. I want people like him to get stuff made, it really should be trivial.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:28 pm yeah i wonder why. *sarcasm intended* KVR is not a welcoming place to people like him. I hope that changes one day.
That's ironic, given your first response.
Matt, your bigger problem is that you seem to have no idea what you want, because if you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create. So, now's your chance to prove me wrong.

whyterabbyt

I love you.

You give me so much attention, thank you.

Architeuthis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:00 am
Architeuthis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:51 am Maybe there's some clever things Razor isn't doing: SMT, multithreading, cheap sine models, etc. all things I can do if I go to create a plugin in C++
Any progress?
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

No, but there may be a possibility to offload sine calculation to the GPU.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”