Fragile Gods - "Dark Water"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spent a lot of time fussing with this one and I think it's finally done. It was inspired by climate change, i.e, rising water levels and flooding. Aika Zabala provided a lot of great vocals for this one which made for a somewhat tricky mix.

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/dark-water

FragileGods_DarkWater.mp3

Great chorus, rhyming "rising" with "horizon". I love lyrics like that. Great job with this, the vocals and arrangement compliment each other nicely.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Very lively beat, I like it.
Vocals are great, and lovely phrasing.
Thanks for this beauty.
Rene

Hi Frantz,
nice track. Mixing feels light and round. Vocals are nice. The female voice is a nice addition.
:tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Really good stuff, as I said 'over there' :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hayeah, it starts with a very tight, taut bass sound. Rhythm and vocals are
very resolute. A nice mid tempo song. The unison duet vocals, which certainly
required a lot of editing, are particularly felicitous. The mix is very transparent
and crisp - I guess I wouldn't be able to pull it off that well.

In terms of feeling, the song isn't as gloomy and dark as the subject would make
it out to be, but rather inspiring to plot and action.

Overall: Great song - very varied - and in terms of content it deals with an
important topic! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Hi Frantz,
Good topic to get in the forefront.
All of this hot weather around the world, as we just had a hot spell for almost a week here in Seattle.
I love the beat, and the vocals are really good.
Rene

Nicely mixed and great chorus. What was the process for collaboration with Aika Zabala?

I saw earlier the high temperature here in Maryland was in 1938, it was 100 degrees.

I like how you didn't totally smash the great song with a limiter. Made me want to turn it up because it sounded so good. Really impressive work.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Nicely done! The vocals sound very detailed and blend well together.
It's a good song too. Thanks for sharing!

I think the vocal arrangement on here is the best yet featuring Aika. It also sounds like she has been making some changes to her style of delivery during the last year or so. The first refrain of "I watch the beach decay" where she is singing solo without harmonising is perfectly judged and sounds like it was sung with a lot of feeling.

More comments later when I've had a chance to listen to the instruments :wink:

Good work :)

Its a treat to see your music on KVR. Nothing to criticize about this (I always try to find something!)
I think this is your best song yet imho.

Moe Shinola wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:22 am Great chorus, rhyming "rising" with "horizon". I love lyrics like that. Great job with this, the vocals and arrangement compliment each other nicely.
I hadn't thought about the uniqueness of that rhyme. The lyrics were written by trying to sing different things and seeing what words fit together well with the right mood.

I'm glad you liked the song. Thanks for listening!

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:56 am Very lively beat, I like it.
Vocals are great, and lovely phrasing.
Thanks for this beauty.
Thank you for listening and commenting Rene. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nice song. Well done beat and great vocals. Sounds good.

Return to “Music Cafe”