Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Caine123 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:37 pm really have to say so far im getting very disappointed atm. the old legacy plugins still lack some options, so it is more once released not cared anymore. and new plugins are kinda rare? i am going to think more to cancel my membership with this progress :/
Hi, Caine123! What would you like to see included in the Legendary Series? What instruments would you like to see added? We have some updates scheduled for some of our classics, I'd love to hear where you think they could be improved. Thanks!

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:37 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:37 pm really have to say so far im getting very disappointed atm. the old legacy plugins still lack some options, so it is more once released not cared anymore. and new plugins are kinda rare? i am going to think more to cancel my membership with this progress :/
Hi, Caine123! What would you like to see included in the Legendary Series? What instruments would you like to see added? We have some updates scheduled for some of our classics, I'd love to hear where you think they could be improved. Thanks!
We'd love to see a Legendary ACB version of the JX-8P, that we can load onto our System-8. That alone would cause me to sub to Roland Cloud for another year at least.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Of course, what I'd like to see is a real permanent license that doesn't require a subscription (free or otherwise) since Roland has a history of reaching it's desired saturation and then dumping the whole thing leaving them to die to some OS update.
(I still can't add Z3ta+2, Rapture/Rapture Pro, Dimension Pro to a new system and them not being eternally in "demo" mode.) How are past customers like me ever to trust you when you keep doing things the same way?

BBFG# wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm (I still can't add Z3ta+2, Rapture/Rapture Pro, Dimension Pro to a new system and them not being eternally in "demo" mode.)
Why is that?

My annual appeal for a JP-8000 emulation/recreation. ;)

don't forget the V-synth

BBFG# wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm
Of course, what I'd like to see is a real permanent license that doesn't require a subscription (free or otherwise) since Roland has a history of reaching it's desired saturation and then dumping the whole thing leaving them to die to some OS update.
(I still can't add Z3ta+2, Rapture/Rapture Pro, Dimension Pro to a new system and them not being eternally in "demo" mode.) How are past customers like me ever to trust you when you keep doing things the same way?
Did you use the Command Center? I had to find my Cakewalk login, but it worked. I just installed Z3ta+2, Dimension Pro and Rapture and they're working OK here.

Back on topic: maybe JP-8080 and/or V-Synth next? Who knows what the future will bring.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:37 pmWe have some updates scheduled for some of our classics.
Please tell me the circuit mod is coming to the Jupiter 8, I'd buy a year's sub to filth up that plugin.

Other than the JX8P, all I need is more plugout slots, lol.

Hi, BBF#G! I can't speak to the business decisions that were made around Z3ta+2, Rapture/Rapture Pro, Dimension Pro, but I can give an example of what we've done recently with Concerto.

We recently reached the end of life for Concerto and its Anthology libraries. Instead of removing it from our catalog, we made it and its libraries free for anyone with a (free) Roland Account to download, without requiring authentication or license checking. We did this in good faith for our community so they would still be able to access the sounds they love without having to search through sketchy cracks or third party sites.

At present, we are still rolling out ACB instruments (JUPITER-4 most recently) and releasing new, next-gen hardware like the JUNO-X, which is packed with ZenCore sounds. We are planning on bringing you many fun, creative tools for a long time to come. Thanks! 😊

Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:20 pm Hey, friends! For all of the JD-800 fans out there, we've just put out the Unique Pop Patch Collection for the JD-800 by Tobias Jonsson.

Create mainstream masterpieces with JD-800 Unique Pop, a premium collection of sounds for Roland’s recreation of the incomparable JD-800. Check it out!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/home/news/j ... collection

Thanks! 😊
Awesome! :tu:
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:32 pm
Hi, BBF#G! I can't speak to the business decisions that were made around Z3ta+2, Rapture/Rapture Pro, Dimension Pro, but ...
Thanks! 😊
That's the exact passed down and historical attitude I've been posting about.

Maybe if those earlier titles authorized like they should after you dumped them, I might still trust Roland.
But at this point, I'm highly skeptical of everything they present. Especially as a subscription or lifetime licenses that require regular authorization to keep working. Because my experience tells me that sooner than expected, they won't.

Examigan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:44 pm
Did you use the Command Center? I had to find my Cakewalk login, but it worked. I just installed Z3ta+2, Dimension Pro and Rapture and they're working OK here.

Back on topic: maybe JP-8080 and/or V-Synth next? Who knows what the future will bring.
My account login no longer works, even though they promised way back that it would.

I just logged into my Cakewalk account.. no problem there!

Been awhile so I just tried signing into Command Center again. Still failed. Tried password reset. It says request is sent to my email, but as usual, nothing shows up in any folders.
Tried the contact support button and that goes nowhere.

Glad it still works for others, but once I upgrade to a new machine, I won't be able to authorize it again without them.

Really should just learn to never waste time or money on Roland again in any form.

Isn't Cakewalk owned by Bandlab now?
It was a Roland company for a while and then it was Gibson after that.

Return to “Instruments”