Dev needed for Distortion VST

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
msmusic
KVRer
Topic Starter
1 posts since 26 Jul, 2022

Post Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi there! I hope you don't mind that I am new here, but I was told KVR has some great developers. I am looking to get a simple distortion VST plugin created - something similar to sausage fattener, but with a few more options (I know..I know :lol: )

If you could PM me here, perhaps with a ballpark estimate of cost (if that is even possible). I can create all the graphics for the VST for you.

Apologies in advance if I come across as having a lack of expertise or if this is not the right place to post my job. Have a great day and thank you for your time,

Matt

tellHerSatan
KVRer
1 posts since 28 Jul, 2022

Post Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:57 am

25000 USD

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
31320 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:09 am

msmusic wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:20 pm Hi there! I hope you don't mind that I am new here, but I was told KVR has some great developers. I am looking to get a simple distortion VST plugin created - something similar to sausage fattener, but with a few more options (I know..I know :lol: )

If you could PM me here, perhaps with a ballpark estimate of cost (if that is even possible). I can create all the graphics for the VST for you.

Apologies in advance if I come across as having a lack of expertise or if this is not the right place to post my job. Have a great day and thank you for your time,

Matt
viewtopic.php?t=194452
:?:

Architeuthis
KVRAF
3313 posts since 28 Jan, 2006 from Phoenix, AZ

Post Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:19 am

Can you provide the name of the distortion types needed to create your effect?

You know what though, this kind of request SHOULD be trivial. This is 2022, we are entering a new era of audio plugin development, there's many ways to create something.

Matt, your bigger problem is that you seem to have no idea what you want, because if you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create. So, now's your chance to prove me wrong.

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

Post Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:25 am

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:19 am Matt, your bigger problem is that
he hasnt been back to KVR in the three weeks since he posted.

Architeuthis
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:27 am

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:19 amif you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create.
err..

oh.

and well i guess that would give away the product to possible competition.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Architeuthis
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 am

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:25 am
Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:19 am Matt, your bigger problem is that
he hasnt been back to KVR in the three weeks since he posted.
hah.

yeah i wonder why. *sarcasm intended* KVR is not a welcoming place to people like him. I hope that changes one day. I want people like him to get stuff made, it really should be trivial.

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

Post Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 am

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 am yeah i wonder why. *sarcasm intended* KVR is not a welcoming place to people like him. I hope that changes one day.
That's ironic, given your first response.
Matt, your bigger problem is that you seem to have no idea what you want, because if you did you would have made a laundry list of effects and the routing needed to achieve the product you're trying to create. So, now's your chance to prove me wrong.

Architeuthis
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:00 pm

whyterabbyt

I love you.

You give me so much attention, thank you.

Borbolactic
KVRist
36 posts since 9 Mar, 2019

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:57 pm

Architeuthis wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:00 pm
Architeuthis wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 pm Maybe there's some clever things Razor isn't doing: SMT, multithreading, cheap sine models, etc. all things I can do if I go to create a plugin in C++
Any progress?
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Return to “DSP and Plug-in Development”