Sandman, America 1971

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

America is the debut studio album by America, released in 1971. It was initially released without "A Horse with No Name", which was released as a single in late 1971. When "A Horse with No Name" became a worldwide hit in early 1972, the album was re-released with that track.

The album went to No. 1 on the Billboard album chart in the United States and stayed there for five weeks.
Sandman is the second track in that album, "Sandman" (long-rumored to be about the United States Navy VQ-2 air squadron formerly based in Rota, Spain).

This song is dedicated to all our Airmen and Flyers of the US Navy.
For their bravery and commitment to our freedom and democracy!!!

https://youtu.be/Ik7L4Fn84i8

Rene,
Thank you for the reviews! I had to look up VQ-2 since I am into airplanes, and I think America is one of the best mellow 70's bands. Can't remember if I mentioned this before. As far as I know, every Boeing 737 and Poseidon P-8 (modified 737 so it can destroy enemy submarines) assembled from mid 2015: the wings were partially assembled by some things I helped design. Your song is definitely not Metallica's "Enter Sandman", haha. I haven't hear the original "Sandman" in a long time. I had to listen to the original on youtube, for comparison. Your version sounds very good! Singing and guitar playing! Especially for one person doing everything at once! Same comments for your version of "True"! There's a whole lot going on in the original "True" for one guy to cover all at once. But somehow you succeeded!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

oh this is really good! I love your voice, it sounds really soothing somehow haha

Fantastic! Minimalist - just guitar and vocals. But that's how
I already know you. Your voice fits perfectly - your
interpretation is great! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Wonderful ! Love it ! Great work Rene

Wow! This one is really good. I love your vocal tone when you sing the word "hurricane" at 2:30 and the guitar strumming in the last chorus.

I haven't heard the original, but this is a very good song. I'll have to check out that album. This song would be great accompanied by a glass of brandy.

It would have to be a Rene Martin :wink:

Good work :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:55 am Rene,
Thank you for the reviews! I had to look up VQ-2 since I am into airplanes, and I think America is one of the best mellow 70's bands. Can't remember if I mentioned this before. As far as I know, every Boeing 737 and Poseidon P-8 (modified 737 so it can destroy enemy submarines) assembled from mid 2015: the wings were partially assembled by some things I helped design. Your song is definitely not Metallica's "Enter Sandman", haha. I haven't hear the original "Sandman" in a long time. I had to listen to the original on youtube, for comparison. Your version sounds very good! Singing and guitar playing! Especially for one person doing everything at once! Same comments for your version of "True"! There's a whole lot going on in the original "True" for one guy to cover all at once. But somehow you succeeded!
Hi Aaron, I am impressed by the wide range of experience you have.
I am so happy to hear about your involvement with the P-8s.
I am quite familiar with the mission of VQs and would like to thank you for your contribution to our nation's defense.
Love your wonderful comments, Aaron.
I am full of gratitude for your feedback.
Rene

enroe wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:51 am Fantastic! Minimalist - just guitar and vocals. But that's how
I already know you. Your voice fits perfectly - your
interpretation is great! :clap:
++++++++++
Hi enroe,
You are always a pleasure to hear from.
Your comments are well loved, and very much appreciated.
Respectfully,
Rene
Jesse Gorter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:36 am oh this is really good! I love your voice, it sounds really soothing somehow haha
++++++++++
Hi Jesse,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.
I love 'em!!!
Warm regards,
Rene

Genetic_Junk wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm Wow! This one is really good. I love your vocal tone when you sing the word "hurricane" at 2:30 and the guitar strumming in the last chorus.
++++++++++
Hi G_J,
Love to hear from you!!!
You are simply a very kind and generous person, and I really appreciate you!
Thank you so much, Genetic_Junk!!!
Respectfully,
Rene
Juz Music wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:26 am Wonderful ! Love it ! Great work Rene
++++++++++
Hi Jus Music,
You are very much appreciated!
Your words are so inspiring.
Thank you so much.
Warm regards,
Rene

seismic1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:09 pm I haven't heard the original, but this is a very good song. I'll have to check out that album. This song would be great accompanied by a glass of brandy.
Good work :)
++++++++++
Hi seismic1,
I am so happy to hear from you, and at this moment, I am going to pour myself a glass of brandy.
Sorry to report that I ran out of my brandy, and got a Johnny Black instead.
Thank you for letting me have a great glass, with your beautiful comments.
I will have to get the "Rene Martin so I can be on par with my brandy next time.
Thank you again.
Rene

Rene,
Thank you for your comments! Not to hijack your thread; I only post this since you seem to be into airplanes. Here's a Boeing video that is on youtube (737 MAX put together quickly):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BrKIb4O2kU

From 0:14 to 0:21 (and barely visible elsewhere) you can see the hoisting apparatus I helped design that lifts the partially assembled 737 wing and carries the subassembly to a different station. There's another similar one (I worked on that too) that's used further down the production line (shown briefly sometimes between 0:41 to 0:49).
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Hi Aaron,
This video is so interesting.
Is this plant in Everett?
Rene

Hi Aaron, I finally watched this video, and is so fascinating.
The work you were a part of is so simple. yet brings about so much efficiency into the process.
Lovely to see the artisans at work.
I was also so fortunate to be a part of our USN aviation enterprise, and have worked with our local artisans in Naval Air Station North Island, in Coronado, CA where we do apply Airspeed and Lean principles into our manufacturing and repair processes on our aviation assets.
Thanks for this beautiful and innovative video on the 737.
Respectfully,
Rene

seismic1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:09 pm I haven't heard the original, but this is a very good song. I'll have to check out that album. This song would be great accompanied by a glass of brandy.

+++++++++++++++

Rene or Remy.
That's what the wink is for.
You are so ahead of me!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”