[beatles cover] "yesterday"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We played an old song that everyone knows: "Yesterday".
We have oriented ourselves as closely as possible to the
original by Paul McCartney. But see for yourself:

--> enroe video: "Yesterday".
The Youtube button works best.

What interests us:

1. What do the Beatles mean to you? Were they a turning point,
or did you not notice them at all?

2. What do you think of "Yesterday"? Is that a typical Beatles song -
and how does it affect you?

3. What do you think of our interpretation of "Yesterday"? Would
you prefer a rockier or a dance version?

Otherwise: Enjoy our version! :wink:
Last edited by enroe on Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I think the Beatles were pretty important in forming my musical preferences/tastes. I remember my parents having the Past Masters Vol. 2 CD and be intrigued by the melody in "Across the Universe." I enjoy "Yesterday". I'm not sure if it is a typical Beatles song.

I like your version of "Yesterday", especially the singing. But the recording sounds very compressed (as in mp3 or lossy compression artifacts). I would be interested in hearing a higher-fidelity render.

Thanks for sharing. :)

enroe wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 am We played an old song that everyone knows: "Yesterday".
We have oriented ourselves as closely as possible to the
original by Paul McCartney. But see for yourself:
Hi enroe,
This video is simply beautiful.
The Beatles is an unmatched group of geniuses producing a wide array of musical creations.
I love the Beatles, and your version of Yesterday is sublime.
Thanks for this beauty.
Rene

What do The Beatles mean to you?
I've been a fan since I saw them on the Ed sullivan show in Feb. 1964, when I was not yet 4. They are my favourite band, and always will be.
Yesterday isn't a 'Beatle' song. George Martin said as much when Paul presented it. I still like it. I remember their appearance on Ed S. in 1965, where Paul sang this on his own.
I also think they left the classical out, and had just Paul play the Epi Texan, tuned 2 steps down.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

enroe,
I remember the Beatles even back when I was in nursery school in 1964 (I was 4 years old)! That's how far back it goes for me. And I saw Paul McCartney in concert for the first time just a few months ago. They're one of my favorite groups. It's almost ridiculous how many great classic songs they made. "Yesterday": normally I'm not that fond of such sad songs, but it's (the original) so beautiful and emotionally good at the same time. So it's rough to compete with such an original classic. But I think you did a really good job! Everything was performed and sung very well! The recording I heard wasn't actually made in someone's backyard was it? The audio quality sounds too good for that. So which person in the video is the real enroe?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Genetic_Junk wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:10 pm I think the Beatles were pretty important in forming my musical preferences/tastes. I remember my parents having the Past Masters Vol. 2 CD and be intrigued by the melody in "Across the Universe." I enjoy "Yesterday". I'm not sure if it is a typical Beatles song.

I like your version of "Yesterday", especially the singing. But the recording sounds very compressed (as in mp3 or lossy compression artifacts). I would be interested in hearing a higher-fidelity render.

Thanks for sharing. :)
Thank you, Genetic_Junk!

It's also nice that you gave us an insight into your "Beatles socialization".
And ooops - I didn't expect someone to ask for a high fidelity version - hmmm yeah. In the short term, we cannot provide a HIFI-version (not because we don't have them - no. But the clarification of the licensing would then start all over again).

Thank you for listening and commenting! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

That was really good to watch and listen to. Must have been lovely to play live in a park. I did a couple of gigs with a folk rock band in the local gardens back in the eighties. It feels so good playing out of doors.

What is mindblowing about that is Paul wrote it when he was 23. It came to him in a dream. For all the dross he's written,he's also written many of the 20th century's best songs.

The cello is a welcome touch in your version. I would, however, tune down and play in G.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:33 pm What is mindblowing about that is Paul wrote it when he was 23. It came to him in a dream. For all the dross he's written,he's also written many of the 20th century's best songs.

he's gonna have to write a few more to make up for that bloody frog chorus :x

nice cover version.

This is shockingly normal for enroe. No cannibalistic aliens, no satanic Christmas song. A Beatles cover? What's this world coming to? :help:

This is a very competent and faithful performance. The cellist is quite accomplished and it was a nice touch adding her into the park setting.

I do think you could have taken some liberties with the song and enroe-ized it a bit more but it is well done. :tu:

When I was a kid all I listened to was The Beatles and Floyd.

REALLY enjoyed this version. :clap:

Would of liked to heard some accompaniment vocals from the fellow guitarist there.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Frantz wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:36 am This is shockingly normal for enroe. No cannibalistic aliens, no satanic Christmas song. A Beatles cover? What's this world coming to? :help:
:lol:

best comment... and so true... :P :lol:

Overall well done. For my personal taste the track was a bit too fast, but it could also be that i am just still tired and not so fast... it's still morning here :hihi:
Next time we wait for an enroesque remake version, with scary monsters and aliens in it...
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

One of the greatest songs of all time, and you did it justice Sir. :tu:

Well done Yesterday cover. Sounds beautiful.

Return to “Music Cafe”