Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

sys8.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnochLight wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:59 pm
Thanks Brian. Now, about that ACB version of the JX-8P for the System-8 we've all been clamoring for... :party: :tu: :lol:
Thats a funny way to spell Alpha Juno

J Veronica wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:36 pm
sys8.JPG
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Septic Underground wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:56 pm Thats a funny way to spell Alpha Juno
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rezoneight wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:50 pm
EnochLight wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:59 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 pm Also, we do offer a return window on memberships. First, we offer a free 30-day trial of our Ultimate membership with purchase of any membership, monthly or annual, to make sure that Roland Cloud works for your system and workflow. Then, if you sign up for a membership and decide it's not right for you, we gladly offer a refund within the first seven days of a monthly membership, or fourteen days for an annual membership.

If you have any questions about account specifics, please feel free to reach out to me direct or through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager, I'm happy to assist anytime. Thanks!
Thanks Brian. Now, about that ACB version of the JX-8P for the System-8 we've all been clamoring for... :party: :tu: :lol:
Not all of us. I'd rather have a JP-6.
Hey, friends! Don't worry. I'm logging all of your input for instrument requests. I've got you covered!

JamminFool wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:25 am @brian,
you say members of the Loyalty Program can accrue rewards.

can you explain how? are rewards added automatically to their account? how many? how often??

and how can one confirm they are a member of the Loyalty Program (as I originally subscribed on 12/30/18)
Hey, JamminFool! I can assist with that. I'll reach out direct to verify with you.

One Loyalty Point accrues per month of paid Ultimate membership. For every twelve Loyalty Points accrued, two Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys are awarded. Enrollment for the Loyalty Program ended on 12/31/2018 and is not available on new accounts.

For more info on the Loyalty Program, please see the link below. Please feel free to reach out to me or through our Contact Support portal in the lower left menu for account specifics, and we will take care of you.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/loyalty-program-update

Thanks! 😊

thanks for the answers brian.

but does a member have to have maintained subscriptions since the original subscription?

even though i originally subscribed on 12/30/18, i suspended my subsciption once several years ago for only a few months, and then re-enrolled. would my Loyalty Status have been terminated as a result of the temporary suspension? or is it honored due to the early adopter status?

JamminFool wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 pm thanks for the answers brian.

but does a member have to have maintained subscriptions since the original subscription?

even though i originally subscribed on 12/30/18, i suspended my subsciption once several years ago for only a few months, and then re-enrolled. would my Loyalty Status have been terminated as a result of the temporary suspension? or is it honored due to the early adopter status?
You got it, JamminFool. I'm always happy to help!

If the account and membership were activated before 12/31/2018 the account qualifies for the Loyalty Program. Memberships can be paused on the account and reactivated later, but points are only accrued for paid months of Ultimate membership.

If you used a different email and started a new account after 12/31/2018, however, that account would not qualify.

Thanks!

Yeah I got the Ultimate Annual during the promotion. Wish I got in on Loyalty in 2018. My first synth was a SH101. Still have it. And a 106, S760, and V-Synth.

EnochLight wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:44 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:13 am
EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:01 pm Does the System-8 DSP have enough processor grunt to support all six JX-8P ACB voices?
Yes.
Fair enough, I just recall the ACB boutiques were more limited on voices than that.
That was an intentional product design choice to keep the Boutiques cheap. System-8 still packs all the punch needed.
Cost is definitely a factor, but I suspect another reason the boutiques use a single DSP chip (and it's the older ESC2 chip — the System-8 has three of the newer BMC chips) is power usage. If they added a second chip, you'd probably be looking at half the battery life, and it might also require more power than a USB2 connection can provide. If it doesn't have decent battery life, it kinda defeats the purpose of making them so compact with tiny controls.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:46 am Cost is definitely a factor, but I suspect another reason the boutiques use a single DSP chip (and it's the older ESC2 chip — the System-8 has three of the newer BMC chips) is power usage. If they added a second chip, you'd probably be looking at half the battery life, and it might also require more power than a USB2 connection can provide. If it doesn't have decent battery life, it kinda defeats the purpose of making them so compact with tiny controls.
Cool, thanks. Had no idea the System-8 used 3 of the BMC chips and the Boutiques only had 1 of the ESC2 chips. I agree power consumption was definitely a factor as well. :party: :tu:

On that note... I always thought the Zencore stuff (Jupiter-X, Juno-X) were using ESC2 chips and they were "newer"? :o Also, are you sure the Boutiques don't use the ESC chips?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:35 pm On that note... I always thought the Zencore stuff (Jupiter-X, Juno-X) were using ESC2 chips and they were "newer"? :o Also, are you sure the Boutiques don't use the ESC chips?
The Jupiter-X (and presumably also the Juno-X) does use BMC chips, though I'm not sure how many. The only source I have is this interview with Junichi Miki:
https://www.roland.com/us/promos/jupiter-x_story/

Here's the relevant part:
We invested a huge amount of time and money to develop a new system-on-a-chip called BMC, which stands for Behavior Modeling Core. Proprietary to Roland, BMC contains a large array of DSP and CPU core blocks plus hardware logic; it is incredibly powerful.

ZEN-Core is an expandable and customizable synthesizer engine running on BMC, and is the heart of the new JUPITER, FANTOM, and GROOVEBOX synth instruments. The combination of BMC and ZEN-Core are like a highly tuned F1 racing engine for sound synthesis.
You can see the ESC2 chip in this JU-08 teardown (around 6:50):

https://youtu.be/zIFLdka9kTM?t=417

…and the three BMC chips in this System-8 teardown (at 2:16):

https://youtu.be/y4tVgLlwekk?t=136
Stormchild

JUPITER-X (and Xm) and JUNO-X have only one BMC. I think the same is true of the newer FANTOM-0s. The more expensive FANTOM (6,7,8) has four BMCs each.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John; Director of Marketing @ Cherry Audio

That’s amazing! Well, the System-8 having 3 BMC’s would explain how it has so many ACB Plug-Out slots, and I’m sure 1 chip could easily handle a JX-8P Plug-Out, should they finally go that route. Here’s to hoping (again)! :lol:

If Roland don't make the ACB JX-8P, maybe Arturia will make one.

SH-2 is worth the price of admission alone IMHO.

J Veronica wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:31 pm If Roland don't make the ACB JX-8P, maybe Arturia will make one.
Will be worthless to us System-8 owners.

Return to “Instruments”