Riley & Albion [microtuned modular stomp nr. 2]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
another microtuned "dance-track" - experiment - that is why there is a 2 in the title :hihi:.
Tuning this time: RileyAlbion (???) - no idea... seems to be a hard detuned c-minor scale...

Short and dirty 8)

Any comments how to improve the mix are very welcome. I have the dream to make one professionel mixed track at least once in my life. Well, we'll see if it works. At least I have a goal. :lol:

Wish you all a nice summer!

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... stomp-nr-2
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Really like the percussion, its tasty and evolving.

I also like that it is upfront and major part of the mix.

I think that makes the whole tune work well. :tu:

Hi tomtom1,
This recording is so alive, and love the percussive action of your creation.
The beat is so invigorating.
Well done.
Rene

Terry Riley - The Harp of New Albion may be related - check out page 7

https://archive.bridgesmathart.org/1999 ... 99-101.pdf

it sounds very peaches, very peaches....

very balanced mix by the way. all is upfront. as it should for this genre.

but peaches!!

PatchAdamz wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:20 am Really like the percussion, its tasty and evolving.

I also like that it is upfront and major part of the mix.

I think that makes the whole tune work well. :tu:
Thanks a lot for the kind words. Thanks for listening.
myself in 2022

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:51 pm Hi tomtom1,
This recording is so alive, and love the percussive action of your creation.
The beat is so invigorating.
Well done.
Rene
Thank you!
myself in 2022

seismic1 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 pm Terry Riley - The Harp of New Albion may be related - check out page 7

Wow... That could be... How do you find such things? Google? ... Maybe i am using the search-engine wrong :lol: Thank you!
myself in 2022

Read the Rotten Tomatoes the movie already came out in my town. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/

WasteLand wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:07 pm it sounds very peaches, very peaches....

but peaches!!
:?: hm... I looked but couldn't find a German translation. So I can only guess what you mean...
btw i am more into apples... :lol:

Thanks for listening and your comment!
myself in 2022

WordClock wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:15 am Read the Rotten Tomatoes the movie already came out in my town. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/
???

I guess there happened a mistake... what movie??? :lol:
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:16 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:07 pm it sounds very peaches, very peaches....

but peaches!!
:?: hm... I looked but couldn't find a German translation. So I can only guess what you mean...

haha. i meant the bassline reminded me, or is almost the same as a song from peaches, a musician/artist. in the beginning, and it comes back, in your track. f*ck the pain away, i think is the title of the song. so...

WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:46 am

but peaches!!

haha. i meant the bassline reminded me, or is almost the same as a song from peaches, a musician/artist. in the beginning, and it comes back, in your track. f*ck the pain away, i think is the title of the song. so...
i... i... watched.... the live performance... :o :-o :shock:
this looked like a mixture of my worst nightmares and my darkest fantasies... :lol:

but you are right. there are some similarities, especially in the timbre of the synth sound.
but it is a coincidence. i didn't know them or her (?) or whatever IT is... i am surprised that XL recodings is the label :lol:... but on the other hand it is really punk-ish.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:23 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:46 am

but peaches!!

i... i... watched.... the live performance... :o :-o :shock:
this looked like a mixture of my worst nightmares and my darkest fantasies... :lol:

but you are right. there are some similarities, especially in the timbre of the synth sound.
but it is a coincidence. i didn't know them or her (?) or whatever IT is... i am surprised that XL recodings is the label :lol:... but on the other hand it is really punk-ish.
indeed a coincidence! and there are enough differences, you saw and heard it..

she has a longstanding reputation, i really like her music. always a minimalistic approach. and the texts, great.

but enough about the coincidence...

back on (your) track!

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:11 am
seismic1 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 pm Terry Riley - The Harp of New Albion may be related - check out page 7

Wow... That could be... How do you find such things? Google? ... Maybe i am using the search-engine wrong :lol: Thank you!
I just ran a Google search for "Riley the harp of new albion", and the PDF showed up on page 3.

Return to “Music Cafe”