Arturia V Collection 9 worth the money?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ibsenproducer wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:58 pm Hello everyone, thank you all for your opinions and advice, I have made a decision and bought the Arturia V collection 9, I am a new user in arturia and it is a great offer. Today I will download and try all the synths πŸ™. I see that some also comment on the U He Diva and it is a synth that I like a lot too. I am not an expert in synthesizers but I have tried some and I am buying the ones that I liked the most. Really thank you all very much 🀟
Have fun with all the stuff. If you need an intro, the synths have very usable tutorials built in.

ibsenproducer wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:58 pm Hello everyone, thank you all for your opinions and advice, I have made a decision and bought the Arturia V collection 9, I am a new user in arturia and it is a great offer. Today I will download and try all the synths πŸ™. I see that some also comment on the U He Diva and it is a synth that I like a lot too. I am not an expert in synthesizers but I have tried some and I am buying the ones that I liked the most. Really thank you all very much 🀟
A wise choice, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with v collection. Yes, U-he is also a great choice, although I find I use Zebra and Bazille more often than Diva and Repro.

Zipede wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:25 pm
A wise choice, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with v collection. Yes, U-he is also a great choice, although I find I use Zebra and Bazille more often than Diva and Repro.
Thanks, πŸ™ I trying all the u-He vst but I like more the Hive and the Diva for the music that I do . I will check more the zebra and bazille

ralfrobert wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:07 pm
Have fun with all the stuff. If you need an intro, the synths have very usable tutorials built in.
Thanks,
Nice, for sure I will check the tutorial details 🀟

Arturia are the only ones who have gotten the Solina right.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Enjoy, Buchla is my fav one, it is crazy :D
aliasing plugin owner
:?

darkinners wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:15 pm generally, my biggest gripe with Arturia VSTi is, they sound quite thin in general, especially in the lower octaves, they just don't have that phat note, a little saturation in post can help a lot
I agree. They do sound somewhat thin. I also use some saturation to resolve that....

Does anyone know what's the upgrade price to V Collection 9 + new preset bundle if you own V Collection 7 or lower?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:12 pm Does anyone know what's the upgrade price to V Collection 9 + new preset bundle if you own V Collection 7 or lower?
For me it s 150 $. I have the V 7.

cam roll wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:12 pm Does anyone know what's the upgrade price to V Collection 9 + new preset bundle if you own V Collection 7 or lower?
Wow, that's an amazing deal. Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder if anything else is influencing the price for you?

Or do VC8 people get the $99 upgrade then?

Yes, the promotion is incredible. I only have the V 7 and Augumented Strings Intro, but I don't think it makes a difference. I don't know but if I'm not mistaken it is the same even with the V8.

cam roll wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:28 pm Yes, the promotion is incredible. I only have the V 7 and Augumented Strings Intro, but I don't think it makes a difference. I don't know but if I'm not mistaken it is the same even with the V8.
Okay, that's awesome then. Yeah, insane upgrade deal. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm Or do VC8 people get the $99 upgrade then?
No. Even if you owned multiple items from v9, alongside owning VC8, you'll still only get a $149 offer.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm
Wow, that's an amazing deal. Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder if anything else is influencing the price for you?

I have 8.1 and maybe four of their effects they gave free but used to count towards upgrades. My upgrade price shows at $149.
That's with those sound banks that I really am not interested in though.
If they took that back and sold just the upgraded plugins for $99. I might succumb to it. But as it is now, I can easily wait for a better deal. Or I may just sell everything in my account except Pigments and the soundbanks that are just for it.
So I'm somewhere between GAS and plugin fatigue now.

PAK wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm Or do VC8 people get the $99 upgrade then?
No. Even if you owned multiple items from v9, alongside owning VC8, you'll still only get a $149 offer.
BBFG# wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:37 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm

I have 8.1 and maybe four of their effects they gave free but used to count towards upgrades. My upgrade price shows at $149.
That's with those sound banks that I really am not interested in though.
If they took that back and sold just the upgraded plugins for $99. I might succumb to it. But as it is now, I can easily wait for a better deal. Or I may just sell everything in my account except Pigments and the soundbanks that are just for it.
So I'm somewhere between GAS and plugin fatigue now.
Thanks guys, appreciate it. So, it seems that the upgrade price is flat $149 for V Collection 8, or below, owners. If someone notices any different pricing from an older version, please let us know.

I think they are trying to balance the price vs value. Instead of giving a $99 upgrade offer, they are adding more "value" through more presets and keeping price at $149 to justify their business case. Of course, more presets might not be for everyone, but I think the value proposition here is insane if you are after it.

I am getting an impression that $99 upgrade is a thing of past and $149 is what we will see as their lowest offer in the future. But again, they are adding more value in terms of presets rather than simply increasing the upgrade price.

Arturia is all about value for money. Listening to the audio demos of the new soundbank bundles, I think they sound pretty awesome.

Return to β€œInstruments”