Shreddag3 Taking FOREVER to load

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.. I was working along just fine yesterday, but this morning, tried to load in Shreddag3 into Kontakt, and I just get a spinning wheel. I've tried everything.. removing from Native Access, Removing from Pulse, reinstalling from scratch.

All other kontakt libraries, NI and 3rd Party (though I have no others from Impact Soundworks) work just fine...

After 5min 45s, this progress window popped up.
Progress.png
It took a total of 23m 30s to finally load the instrument!

What the heck is going on?!

Fortunately, I did a 'save as' to save the NKI after this long load process, and that loads very quickly... however, the original (post-reinstall) NKI still loads very slowly (as does the 'lite' version). Even original NKI that seemingly was working fine yesterday (I kept a backup of the folder before reinstalling) doesn't seem to have been modified (still has same date stamp as when I purchased / installed the library). I opted to 'force quit' Live after 30 minutes of spinning wheel.

Seems my .adg (preset instrument rack) and templates have the same issue!?

How did my original NKI (?) and a reinstalled version seemingly stop working, but once waiting this 23.5 minute process to load, then re-saving, why does that load quickly?

Ugh... also, it seems my Ableton Live project I was working on is having a similar issue... I'm now waiting for that to load which is seemingly taking a similar very long time.... however, if I actually remove/rename the Shreddag3 instrument folder, I get a Kontakt warning relatively quickly that something is missing.
Missing.png
However, if I then go into Kontakt, it pops up this dialog and hangs (waiting to see how long).
Missing2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I was able to fix this, using the 'good' NKI by doing the following.

Before opening Ableton Live, rename the "Shreddage 3 Stratus" folder (e.g., "Shreddage 3 Stratus.tmp"

I then opened my Ableton Project
Received Kontakt Missing Content notification.
Opened Kontakt, and clicked the "Ignore This Time" button in the Missing Content window.
I deleted the Shreddag3 Stratus instance from the Instrument Navigator in Kontakt (lower left side of window).
I renamed the folder again to remove the ".tmp"
I then used the 'Load...' under the disk icon in Kontakt (upper right portion of window) to load the fixed (?) NKI

This restored the instrument in my Ableton Project.. with the exception of the preset that I had applied on one of my tracks, which I had to go figure out which one it was.

I did a similar sequence of steps to fix the .adg in Ableton..

I tried resolving the various manual and automatic ways of fixing this in the Content Missing dialog, but those all to be quite time consuming.. I wasn't willing to wait what i assumed was going to be ~25 minutes per track and .adg (after waiting up to five minutes in one of these process, I just Force Quit Ableton). My assumption was that the 27k files listed in the dialog were either taking a very time to resolve, find, update the UI, etc.. I've no idea.. was just a painful proces.

I'd really like to understand what went wrong here... how to avoid it in the future.

From Native Instruments, apparently this can happen with exFAT formatted drives. See: https://community.native-instruments.co ... ment_33291

I am having this problem too. Stratus or Stratus lite won't load and the plugin just hangs forever. Was this ever solved?

As mentioned above, if the hard drive on which you have your Kontakt libraries is formatted as ExFAT, it will be extremely slow with Kontakt. Is this the case?

Ah yes it is ExFat. I will remedy this

Return to “Impact Soundworks”