Fragile Gods - "Dark Water"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bansaw wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:47 pm Its a treat to see your music on KVR. Nothing to criticize about this (I always try to find something!)
I think this is your best song yet imho.
Thanks very much! :)

markkuja wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:32 am Nice song. Well done beat and great vocals. Sounds good.
Glad you liked it Markku!

Frantz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:42 am
seismic1 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 pm I think the vocal arrangement on here is the best yet featuring Aika. It also sounds like she has been making some changes to her style of delivery during the last year or so. The first refrain of "I watch the beach decay" where she is singing solo without harmonising is perfectly judged and sounds like it was sung with a lot of feeling.

More comments later when I've had a chance to listen to the instruments :wink:
[...] I agree she really nails it on this track.

Glad you liked it. :)
Yes, she really does. Listend to your track again ... really cool stuff!

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:41 pm This one grabbed me right from the start. Very catchy and infectious. The usual professional production that I've come to expect from you.
Thanks Wags. I appreciate the encouraging feedback. :)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:06 am Another classic "Fragile Gods" track. I always like the 80 Synth Pop feel and envy your talent. very cool... I love the edgy stuff in this ... and I think I can hear early Depeche Mode in this.
When you would ask me, Peter what is the one thing to review/change: 1st - there are some effects on vocals type of adding a little mickey mouse'ish effect which I would personally reduce a bit. Or is it that the doubling is slightly out of tune when you both sing?
I'm glad you enjoyed this one Peter. Yeah, 80s synthpop is where I live these days.

There are some effects on the vox but any pitch issues would be my fault. I try using Melodyne but it frequently pops up the error message, "Woah, what is this? Sorry, I can't help you dude." :hihi:

seismic1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:06 pm I really liked the synths on here, although I think they took a bit of a backseat to the vocal arrangement on here (which isn't a problem, given the quality of the vocals). I liked the drive of the synth and drums in the "Dark Water" and "I watch the beach decay" sections. It's actually quite heavy through there, which I like.
Yes, it's a vocal driven track with synths covering basses, pads, and other blippy bits.

Thanks for giving it another listen. :)

Allomerus wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:47 am Great energy! The music and the lyrics are excellent. Very enjoyable, even if the problem of climate change certainly isn't.
The mix of two vocalists is perfect, I think the mix is fine to my ears.
Well done!
:)
Thanks Allomerus. Very glad you enjoyed it. :)

Sorry, I am so late in replying. Work is taking over a fair number of my weekends lately. :?

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:03 pm Yea baby!

Cool vocals, nice groove, snazzy cover.

What else could ANYONE want.... :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Thank you. Very much appreciated! :)

VCA-089 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm Another banger from Fragile Gods! The song is really on point. For a couple of days the only thing I see in my window is a constant wall of rain. The weather in August makes me feel anxious...

The voice harmonies are so great. It's a new level of mastery!
frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:25 pm Great as usual ... nice driving beat and contrast between the two vocal tracks
Even though my reply is extremely late, I'm very appreciative of these comments VCA-089 and frank1985! Thanks for listening! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”