Love Through The Rearview [Synthwave]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, this is my first submission to the Cafe after lurking for a long time.

Sax and guitars, streetlights on wet autoglass, neon puddles on sidewalks, that sort of thing. Recorded and mixed in Reaper Sept, 2022.

If someone can classify the genre better than Synthwave, I'd like help. I know there are alot of sub-genres, but I just love synths. Thanks so much for listening, and providing any feedback. Be well!

"https://soundcloud.com/user-184052760-333580010"
Last edited by vstdls on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm having to listen on cheap headphones right now so can't comment too accurately on the mixing. I will say it sounds good on the cheap headphones though! I am glad you decided to post on here. Seems not a lot of members here do and I think it takes some guts myself. You have nothing to worry about though. Your music is very good. I sort of feel like the people who post their music here is like there own little sub community. I never cared much at all what genre something is. I would say Synthwave is fine myself but does it really matter? What matter is the song was really good.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Thanks ATS, I really appreciate the response.

Hi!
Agree with ATS, your music is very good. I am enjoying the listen very well.
The vibe is very joyful, and I feel very light.
Glad to hear your composition.
Thanks for sharing this beauty.
Rene

Hi Rene, Thank you very much for listening!

I'm listening on a laptop and will have to listen later through something better. On a laptop, the mix sounds clean and clear. I like the really relaxed vibe of the song with some guitar solos sprinkled in. Really nice stuff, good work! I wouldn't get caught up on the genre unless you're worried about a rando calling you out claiming it's technically X or Y. It sounds great so I couldn't care less what the genre ever is.

Hey, Guitarmiester. I really appreciate the listen and the feedback on how it sounds on your laptop speakers. I've been spending a lot of time focusing on the basics of mixing and bringing instruments forward and cleanly, so your response is encouraging. I'm happy I didn't sizzle your laptop speakers.

Sounded very good on phone stereo speakers. 10/10
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

Thanks for the listen Propellerhands. I may have done too many mix checks though my phone speakers too, might be the result!

Loved it! Perfect retro synthwave sound with tasteful guitars to complete the 80s.

Hey 23 - thanks a lot for that! Very encouraging

The composition is very good and I think Synthwave is the right genre for it.

Most of the sounds are upfront in the mix occupying the mid-high frequency range. I would suggest spreading things out more.

Good job. 8)

Very nicely written synthwave piece! I really enjoyed this one. I do agree with Frantz that everything is a bit centered in the mix and some panning would improve it and clean it up a bit. Regardless, this one is awesome :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I like it!
Mixing was well balanced.
Good lows and sparkling high ends.
Nice structure and composition.
Perfect soundtrack for driving your car in a pitch black night with the only lights your headlights, dash and the pale moonlight.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel👇
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Definitely '80s synthwave. I think it would work very well as movie-scoring material. I could imagine it being used in the film "Risky Business" or something similar. I was listening on my monitors and thought the mix was good, although I would have liked a little more stereo width.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”