Anyone have Artistry Audio Monolith already?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The intro price deal ends tomorrow and I'm on the fence about getting it. Does anyone have any opinions to persuade me one way or the other? Would be much appreciated!
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

I like the design of their instruments and they appear to be somewhat easy to use. I would prefer them to be their own VST or AU plug-in separate from Kontakt, and I think it would be wise to offer some kind of demo considering you can't resell the license. But since that's not the case, one has to rely solely on demo videos and online advice (hence this thread).

If you're in need of a deeply-programmable synth bass and other VST's haven't interested you, take a chance on Monolith. I'm actually thinking about it myself, but that's only because user sample import has been implemented, which opens up my own sounds to Artistry Audio's sound engine, effects and arpeggiator. That also means that Monolith isn't restricted to only bass-types of sounds.

Monolith definitely has bass covered with all kinds of complexity and randomizing that makes modern synths so much fun to explore. The sequencing features quickly add movement and rhythm to any patch. I imagine this would be an effective instrument for dance music or electronic film scoring. If you do end up picking up Monolith, it would be cool if you came back here and shared some of your thoughts. Hopefully that would help others who are also considering a purchase. :tu:

I was interested but then I noticed the ridiculous CPU load. I don't need a relatively simple sounding bass sound to be taking 70% of my CPU, thank you very much. Have a quick scan through this video and watch some of the values;

https://youtu.be/UEV_0fKHvBg

I think it sounds really nice and the interface seems really well thought out, too. But I hadn't noticed the amount of CPU usage before. Yikes, even some fairly simple-sounding presets were hitting over 40%. For now, I'm going to pass. Hopefully there will be continued development on this because it has a lot of potential.

I wonder if it has such CPU cost similarly to Straylight--I believe with that one, disabling some delay setting helped. I wouldn't expect a sample-based bass instrument to be so hungry--must still be a lot going on with the effects.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

morphex wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:06 pm I like the design of their instruments and they appear to be somewhat easy to use. I would prefer them to be their own VST or AU plug-in separate from Kontakt, and I think it would be wise to offer some kind of demo considering you can't resell the license. But since that's not the case, one has to rely solely on demo videos and online advice (hence this thread).

If you're in need of a deeply-programmable synth bass and other VST's haven't interested you, take a chance on Monolith. I'm actually thinking about it myself, but that's only because user sample import has been implemented, which opens up my own sounds to Artistry Audio's sound engine, effects and arpeggiator.
I completely agree. I'm not a Kontakt user really. Plus, it really is only once in a blue moon that I
gamble on things that don't offer demos first (and I never have done for ones that become NFR).
m-ac wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:40 pm I was interested but then I noticed the ridiculous CPU load. I don't need a relatively simple sounding bass sound to be taking 70% of my CPU, thank you very much.
Although I just mentioned I'm not a Kontakt user (and therefore not familiar with the architecture)... I do have the free player with some stuff I hardly ever use on it. But I also have a demo version of Signal by Output, which is similar territory to Monolith. I loaded that up to see what the CPU was like for that and it was even higher than the Monolith video. I even hit 100% a few times even with one patch. But, my DAW CPU was still never more than 15% max. So, happily, I can report that these CPU values are independent.

Unfortunately, as that would have certainly been a deal breaker for me, I'm firmly back on the fence again :lol:
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Return to “Instruments”