VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
noiseresearch
KVRian
Topic Starter
1172 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from /* whitenoise */

Post Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:27 am

MacOS only at the moment. I hope for a Windows version as it seems interesting. Open source so there is a good chance for WinOS I assume. MacOS user are very welcome to report about this one I'm interested in opinions.
https://github.com/publicsamples/Oi-Grandad

/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

audiojunkie
KVRAF
3629 posts since 19 Apr, 2002 from Utah

Post Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:41 pm

Very cool! I'd sure love a Linux version! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Boy Wonder
KVRist
390 posts since 30 Jan, 2021

Post Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:47 pm

Doesn't the UI look like, maybe, Psychic Modulation had a hand in its design?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Sinisterbr
KVRian
754 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Post Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 pm

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:47 pm Doesn't the UI look like, maybe, Psychic Modulation had a hand in its design?
Not for me.

Kott
KVRian
573 posts since 12 Mar, 2013 from Russia, Vladivostok

Post Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:05 am

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:41 pm Very cool! I'd sure love a Linux version! :)
You can build it with HISE https://github.com/christophhart/HISE/tree/develop
I have success while ago, but synth was unstable.

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
7993 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:23 pm

I had to repair the presets and move them into application support with the samples. The presets don’t find their samples, but as they are mentioned by name I could load them and resave. But when calling them up, they sound without being triggered. I don’t know if that is intended…
The range of attack, decay and release seems odd 0 to 1 ms…

audiojunkie
KVRAF

Post Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:46 pm

Kott wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:05 am
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:41 pm Very cool! I'd sure love a Linux version! :)
You can build it with HISE https://github.com/christophhart/HISE/tree/develop
I have success while ago, but synth was unstable.
I am unskilled as far as programming goes, sadly. Nevertheless, it may be worth my while to give HISE another look. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

martiu
KVRist
302 posts since 23 Jan, 2022

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 am

:?

audiojunkie
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:56 am

Nice! I hope a Linux version is next 🙂

martiu
KVRist
302 posts since 23 Jan, 2022

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:57 am

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:56 am Nice! I hope a Linux version is next 🙂
there is Linux version as well :)
:?

audiojunkie
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:56 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

audiojunkie
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 am

I just checked the website. I love the improvements to the GUI!! A quick question: At the moment, it looks like it is essentially a one-note drone synth. As a feature request, could you make the synth "playable" so that I can play the drones pitched up and down on the keyboard like a multisampler does with samples?

So, to better explain: the current drone sound would be pitched by semitone up or down to match the midi keynote I am playing. This would be a really cool feature!!! Thanks for listeningg! :)

Now that I know that there is a Linux version, I'll be downloading and playing with this! :)

SeBaer
KVRist
329 posts since 3 Oct, 2019

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 am I just checked the website. I love the improvements to the GUI!!
I prefered the old GUI. Also in the old GUI, you could see the name of the loaded sample. That seems to be gone.
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 am A quick question: At the moment, it looks like it is essentially a one-note drone synth. As a feature request, could you make the synth "playable" so that I can play the drones pitched up and down on the keyboard like a multisampler does with samples?

So, to better explain: the current drone sound would be pitched by semitone up or down to match the midi keynote I am playing. This would be a really cool feature!!! Thanks for listeningg! :)
You can flip the 'drone' switch, then it becomes a playable instrument. In the previous version that was the default setting. Now the drone-mode is the default, another thing I prefered in the previous version.

audiojunkie
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm

Cool! Thanks for the info SeBaer! :)

charlesalbert
KVRist
49 posts since 20 Apr, 2021

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:17 am

Thanks so much for the windows version. So epic.

Return to “Instruments”