PRODUCTS
Dencheg
KVRist
483 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

I'm getting curious about Rebra 1/5
When!?
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, ANA, GForce, Reaper

Borbolactic
KVRist
67 posts since 9 Mar, 2019

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:31 am

Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
Perhaps it's time to just let Zebra, etc., run their course, take an early retirement and live off the residuals. Maybe get into permaculture or an ecovillage if you haven't already. What do you think? I mean, we'll probably all, at least as a species, be in similar sorts of contexts before long anyway.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Urs
u-he
26943 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:27 am

Early what? :shock:

elxsound
KVRAF
8469 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:35 am

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:27 am Early what? :shock:

Please don’t, we’re still waiting on a black faceplate for CVilization :ud:

DJErmac
KVRAF
2091 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:53 am

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:27 am Early what? :shock:
Oh, I can translate that post if you want. I studied nonsense. :tu:

He said he’d like to get your attention, but he’s nothing that special to say. So he’s saying whatever comes to his mind to make you laugh.

Nothing to worry about anyway. :shrug:
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

LFO8
KVRian
828 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:37 am

Borbolactic wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:31 am Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
Perhaps it's time to just let Zebra, etc., run their course, take an early retirement and live off the residuals. Maybe get into permaculture or an ecovillage if you haven't already. What do you think? I mean, we'll probably all, at least as a species, be in similar sorts of contexts before long anyway.
Lol.. you don't ever retire from a passion!

fisherKing
KVRAF
2929 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 am

LFO8 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:37 am
Borbolactic wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:31 am Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
unless your passion is retiring from things...

LFO8
KVRian

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:58 pm

fisherKing wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 am
But then you would be retiring from things, not your passion (which in that case is retiring from things). :wink:

syntonica
KVRAF
1665 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:45 pm

LFO8 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:58 pm
fisherKing wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 am
But then you would be retiring from things, not your passion (which in that case is retiring from things). :wink:
A passion is a thing, so if you retire from your passion of retiring, you will never again retire from anything. No mind-bending required here.

Muahahahah!

Borbolactic
KVRist

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 pm

Hey guys, we can find new passions. Sometimes passions, when pursued far or long enough, can lose their passion, obsessive compulsive disorders and all that, and notwithstanding.

Urs, if he's like some of us, might like a permanent or semipermanent vacation from coding, computers and/or some kinds of 'design'.

How about designing a garden? A mostly edible one. Many flowers are edible too...
Some fruit, nut and/or other trees here, flowers there (for the bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies, etc.) and edibles over there. Maybe a pond with ducks and/or a chicken coop/area. Learn seed-saving, canning or ethanol distillation. Teach others. Give our societies some self-empowerment back. Learn acoustic music-instrument-making. Form a local orchestra that plays in the gazebo on weekends.

I think we can live with Zebra 2-point-whatever, forever. And/Or switch to Surge/Odin 2. Maybe, if one must, just have Zeeb updated to run on any new hardware once and awhile from the digital gizmo in the sun alongside the edge of the pond or just release the code to the wind...
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

FapFilter
KVRian
1434 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:39 pm

are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
There's no Logic to Windows

Borbolactic
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:03 am

Drip Drip Drip
FapFilter wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:39 pm are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
Nope LOL, and you are way off, if in a cute/funny way. I'm a green anarchist. For one, just note my signature quote below.
(I have Zebra, incidentally, but don't use it, if not at the moment anyway.)
Plugins aside for a moment, we are on a sinking ship, Fap, and we have to get off it ASAP. My Urs/garden thing was presented as both amusing and serious. And it includes everyone, not just Urs.
If we are going to make music beforehand, let's make some of it be about that sort of thing, and like the proverbial band that may have kept on playing for as long as it could while the Titanic sank.

Let's play/sing about where we need to actually be as a species/culture.

https://youtu.be/dVjniADLP_k

JockMcRonan
KVRist
114 posts since 6 Apr, 2022

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:27 am

I dunno, I was a passionate science educator for over 20 years until I took a punt and retired...only to discover I was incorrect and that I had only been a passionate science educator for 15 years...
Subsequent 37, King Korg, Triton, TX81Z, Minilogue XD, Waldorf Pulse 2, Behringer Neutron, Logic, Live, Dune 3, Bio-Tek, Avenger, Zebra Legacy, Pendulate, Invader 2.

LFO8
KVRian

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:18 am

FapFilter wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:39 pm are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
😂

chk071
KVRAF
33065 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 am

Why would he/she be an employee at NI specifically? And why would a NI employee be jealous at Zebra's attention?

Return to “Instruments”