What VST instrument would you like to use but doesn't exist ? :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

surreal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:13 pmNi Pro 53
Get a Maschine... It's now Poly Synth. (more or less.)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Terratec Komplexer. :(

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm Virus Ti emulation.

I know and i use Adam Szabo Viper, but it misses the "airyness" of Virus Ti. It can be heard in Virus C emulation. Almost like HQ (like running on high oversampling number or high frequency range) and its not in EQ, you cant add that with an EQ.
How about the Motorola DSP emulator?

dfraze wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:13 am
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:54 pm this might be useful as well https://hgsounds.com/product/midi-looper-for-kontakt/
Another great find.

Didn't know about that one.

Seems interesting, I'll check it out.
I checked it out and apparently it doesn't have the ability to load midi files, but just plays the notes one enters in the plugin.

Also the phrases do not seem to transpose to the key of the song of the DAW.

One thing that needs to change for a whole new generation of plugins is that fact that they all only run in real-time. I know ARA somewhat changes this, but it still does not seem to catch on enough.

What Colugo showing here, as part of the development of his own DAW Blockhead, seems promising. But it's a small DAW and it's a new workflow, so it remains to be seen if it's either going to be adopted by a bigger company or will be popular enough to actually develop into a fully fletched professional DAW.

https://twitter.com/ColugoMusic/status/ ... 6PzCOOPgCQ

jules99 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:26 am One thing that needs to change for a whole new generation of plugins is that fact that they all only run in real-time.
I'll bite what are you talking about?

mixyguy2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:49 am
jules99 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:26 am One thing that needs to change for a whole new generation of plugins is that fact that they all only run in real-time.
I'll bite what are you talking about?
Everything a plugin does, instruments and effects, is computed at the DAWs playhead. Maybe a couple of ms ahead. Computing power and plugin APIs both have not caught up yet. Think of the four playheads of Fugue that can each run in a different direction and speed: https://youtu.be/KvEJFjDykuE

Or think of something like Melodyne, but for the built in FX for a synth. The plugin pre-renders them, making reverse reverbs instantly possibly and a whole new world of effect automation an modulation.

I listened to the Fugue Machine tracks on Alexandernaut's site. They sound interesting. I'm into ambient so they're right up might alley. I guess I'll have to wait for a PC VSTi version.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

SLiC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:15 am Probably the only synth (clone at least) that hasn't been made that I would be interested in playing with is the Roland V Synth. https://www.roland.com/uk/products/v-synth/

I don't really know why, other than I was around when it came out and I couldn't afford one! I am sure there are hu8ndreds of VST available now that can already do what the V Synth did (and probably better) but I still want to play with a V Synth clone that looks like a V Synth!
V-Synth is more about (pretty unique) real-time controls. The synth/sample engines itself however, which were the same as used in many Roland products, are really nothing special. And if i'm not mistaken, all these engine types are already covered by Roland Cloud.

And yes, i had one. Sold it pretty quickly after. But i can understand that some ppl will still like it for the live tweakability.
More BPM please

Some hardware instruments have their workflow as an advantage and even if a VST version is released with the exact sound as the hardware unit (which is rare), it still doesn't match the hardware unit

So I guess what I'm saying is that maybe developers should try to come up with some unique new and original workflows for their VST instruments

Spectrasonics RMX 2! Hands down.

dblock wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:10 pm Spectrasonics RMX 2! Hands down.
It was the thing that immediately popped into my mind. Spectrasonics has done such wonderful things with Omnisphere and still maintains Stylus RMX (which I use all the time) but I have to believe there is something going on eventually to make Stylus a real part of the Omnisphere family.

inaheartbeat wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:45 pm
dblock wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:10 pm Spectrasonics RMX 2! Hands down.
It was the thing that immediately popped into my mind. Spectrasonics has done such wonderful things with Omnisphere and still maintains Stylus RMX (which I use all the time) but I have to believe there is something going on eventually to make Stylus a real part of the Omnisphere family.
I can't decide if I'm more surprised or disappointed that Spectrasonics never seemed to put any more focus on a plugin that was used in so many films and records.It was all over the place.I never understood why they seemed to ignored all the requests for it.

Maybe they just think they don't need to add new features, as it already is the best plugin of its kind, and people will buy it anyway (if they have the money, that is)

Some competition would give them motivation to come up with some new features

Return to “Instruments”