Brian Clevinger on NI's Discontinuation of Absynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's why I intentionally misspelled its name. Who says Brain Clevinger can't run a Kickstarter campaign in Absnyth or SynthAb?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:51 am That's what really sucks about this since Rosetta is on a limited lifespan. NI as usual chose the easy option, not the right option
Other than Rosetta 1, Rosetta 2 is not an emulation. It recompiles the code for Mx…
Chances are good, that any code you once opened with Rosetta 2 will still work if its abandoned… It might break for other reasons though.
One thing does not make sense, is putting it on a recent Windows machine just for keeping. Wait until Absynth breaks. The PCs in the future will be way more powerful…

jules99 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:05 am That's why I intentionally misspelled its name. Who says Brain Clevinger can't run a Kickstarter campaign in Absnyth or SynthAb?
Its not the name, its the copyright to the code and the existing contracts. But Soundwide might sell those rights…

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:13 am Other than Rosetta 1, Rosetta 2 is not an emulation. It recompiles the code for Mx…
Chances are good, that any code you once opened with Rosetta 2 will still work if its abandoned… It might break for other reasons though.
One thing does not make sense, is putting it on a recent Windows machine just for keeping. Wait until Absynth breaks. The PCs in the future will be way more powerful…
To the first point, a new OS will definitely eventually break Absynth. It's already partially broken on M1 to begin with. It works fine in Live, but needs to be in a shell like Unify or some other VI that can host VI's. From personal experience, a crashed drive meant I did not have my permanent unlock for Camel Alchemy, but I thought I was safe with my 09 Mac Pro and Mojave, then a security update caused all Camel products to white screen, so dead dead dead. Plus I'm pretty sure it's not just a recompile, the OS has to support Rosetta, and when they stripped it last time, you were not able to use Rosetta plug ins after.

The second, the problem with waiting until Absynth breaks is we're talking about NI here. They recently threatened to stop allowing authorizations of deprecated products due to them using the older installer and security reasons or some other such nonsense. There's no guarantee that this won't happen in 5 years with Absynth. Realistically though, I'll probably just keep an old MP around with Absynth on it, rather than getting a slave PC. If I ever get a slave PC it's going to be with the latest OS and built for sample libraries in mind, not with an old OS for deprecated products.

If it ever happens that Absynth has a rebirth would love to see an AI based Mutator. :love: :tu:

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:47 pm If it ever happens that Absynth has a rebirth would love to see an AI based Mutator. :love: :tu:
while not finished saving all projects and saving presets i came across Absynth 5 nearly every day, so many SAW VSTs, Analogue'ish vst etc. and this UNIQUE vst gets discontinued, this is just nuts. i will never forgive NI.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

For the discontinuation of Absynth they should take NI to the International Court of Justice for the deep mental anguish inflicted on musicians. I will never forget nor forgive NI but I am waiting for the sale to update to Komplete 14.

MillerSam wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:19 am I wrote a news about it, sad to see this
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/09/na ... folio.html
Great article thanks 🙏

Sheesh at the sheer amount of outrage. Why is everyone suddenly acting like Gen-Z. I remember the old days when men went to war and the country was on rations yet everyone managed to keep it together.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:31 am yet everyone managed to keep it together.
No they did not.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Here's one for an Absynth re-birth or continuation. :hyper: :pray: :party: 8)
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Enjoy it if you have it! I do! And there's nothing wrong with hoping for a continuation!

But based on what Brian said, that opportunity passed years ago. Brian doesn't own the source code and NI apparently has it locked away, and has made no approach to Brian for collaborating on a much needed update. NI has had years to make that move instead of moving it to end-of-life.

What I would do is keep up with Brian's new company Rhizomatic and the products he is currently developing. The potential is there for him to come up with something even better! Plasmonic appears to have great potential as a synth, but it's quite different from Absynth. https://rhizomatic.fr/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”