Contest: October "Gossip" + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A colour.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

up to two tracks per person - I gotta stop jumping to new ideas and pick at least one from the trail I leave behind.

A dim and distant memory...
We were encouraged to post a track early, then on having second thoughts or on suggestions from others could update it. I think it was pretty much as often as we liked up to voting time.

P.S.
I think it was here... might have been Kara Moon though (see my sig)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I could have used that with my polka.
The first intro was a sample of the whistle from Rammsteins "Engel".
It sounded cool. I could've let it be disqualified instead of selfcensoring because of copyright shit.

Good day to all!)
Is it possible to get an explanation for the discrepancy in the conditions: the time limit is 4 minutes or 3 (2nd point)?

IV! wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:33 pm Good day to all!)
Is it possible to get an explanation for the discrepancy in the conditions: the time limit is 4 minutes or 3 (2nd point)?
Good catch. I missed that.
Maybe 4 minutes total for two songs and 3 minutes total for a single song? :tu:

Too late. I already submitted a 4 minute track. :lol:

But wait, we can do 2 tracks this time? I may have another one finished later this month.

Hellfog wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:18 pm Free for all

Do whatever you want.

Time limit 4 min

Deadline: Oct 27

You can Submit up to 2 tracks per person in this contest
Well, as I said, it's just a matter of spare time :wink:

mountainmaster wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:17 pm Too late. I already submitted a 4 minute track. :lol:

But wait, we can do 2 tracks this time? I may have another one finished later this month.
:tu:

Wicker Man wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:41 am How about any style but the theme is war - depressing I know but a powerful subject, particularly for protests. Could be a soundscape of the battlefield horror or a poem sung in Bob Dylan stylee.
Now the russ shoot missiles to ukraine. Had I not other songs I'm working with I would propably
do one on war.

The russ follow a pattern. They announce a condition or limit and tell everyone not to break the condition or limit or they will respond with stronger actions. And they have responded.

It is worrying when the russ say to western world that Don't do this or don't do that or we have to respond, and the western world nevertheless does the This or that.

Well I have something cooking nicely, and it looks like it will be just under 4 minutes. I don't think I'll be doing a second one - too much like hard work :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Well, mine was almost ready today when I sat down to tweak it a bit. However, I had an 'in the zone' moment and it's now well over 5 minutes. I think I can find a split point that still gives a sensible track If it works, then after the contest I'll put up the entire track.

I had a problem downloading shrikant's submission from the link provided. First my browser (Firefox) told me that the link was not safe and when I chose the option to go ahead anyway the download simply failed.

I had to go to the Kara-Moon forum and find the actual topic with the attachment. From there I could finally download the song. So if anyone encounters a similar issue, just go to http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=8807.0 and download from there.

Interesting. I had no problem fetching it with the Pale Moon browser (a derivative of older Firefox).

mountainmaster wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:03 pm I had a problem downloading shrikant's submission from the link provided. First my browser (Firefox) told me that the link was not safe and when I chose the option to go ahead anyway the download simply failed.
I had to go to the Kara-Moon forum and find the actual topic with the attachment. From there I could finally download the song. So if anyone encounters a similar issue, just go to http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=8807.0 and download from there.
I got that too.
Most browsers have a higher security nowadays. Even higher than the block on http sites. The Pale Moon browser probably use lower security.

Return to “Music Cafe”