Hentai B*tch [traprap]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

explicit
https://soundcloud.com/onimane/hentai-b ... od-nebzzzy

I tried putting some things I learned recently into use and tried to spend more time on my vocal recording.
Sharing this here if anyone would like a listen!
As always thank you in advance :pray:

LOL

"My wife is gonna kill me..."

the vocals sound like they are recorded OK but mixed pretty badly imo. In my very honest opinion this mix needs some work.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:15 am the vocals sound like they are recorded OK but mixed pretty badly imo. In my very honest opinion this mix needs some work.
thanks for your feedback, could you be a bit more specific?
i plan to work a bit more on the second verse tomorrow to make it a bit clearer but other than that i think im done with this. I have other songs that matter more to me that I wanna finish heh

Completely lacking in tentacles and futanari.

Seriously, though, back off 6" from the mic and project more.

hotmilk wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:34 am
ATS wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:15 am the vocals sound like they are recorded OK but mixed pretty badly imo. In my very honest opinion this mix needs some work.
i plan to work a bit more on the second verse tomorrow to make it a bit clearer but other than that i think im done with this. I have other songs that matter more to me that I wanna finish heh
it sounds like just raw vocals to me, like there was nothing done to them at all. the background music almost sounds like a totally separate thing to me. Did you use a compressor on the vocals? It is pretty important thing to do on vocals that are not already processed.

I do like the song and you have an interesting unique style.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 am
hotmilk wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:34 am
it sounds like just raw vocals to me, like there was nothing done to them at all. the background music almost sounds like a totally separate thing to me. Did you use a compressor on the vocals? It is pretty important thing to do on vocals that are not already processed.

I do like the song and you have an interesting unique style.
Hi, I did not compress these vocals I used slight reverb and played around with some bass and tremble and a graphics curve in audacity and tried my best to match the sound levels on both. The first and second verse have a slight difference in the way they sound as I could not for the life of me remember what I did to the first verse and I quite liked it myself compared to my other recordings so I kind of stuck with it.
I've got a lot to learn in terms of adding some magic to vocals in the editing phase so I'm eager to learn from those that are more experienced than me in this field!
I made an edit to the last verse again, but I still have my original recordings so I'll try out the compressor later!
Thanks again :pray:
edit: I just wanted to add that the vocals being not the main focus point was something I intentionally went for with this song, I wanted them to be present but not overpowering as I really love this beat and want to give it some more stagelight too so I was trying to find a sweet-spot.
Uncle E wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 am Completely lacking in tentacles and futanari.

Seriously, though, back off 6" from the mic and project more.
Thanks! I'm usually a clenched fist away from my popfilter and I sing in an in-door voice I'd say are my levels. I am quite shy with my singing lol.
Hopefully I'll become more comfortable in the future :pray:

You should really be at least 6" away, maybe even more. The Hentai B*tch in your song told me there's a huge difference between 5" and 6". Listen to Nine Inch Nails "Hurt", he's singing/speaking quietly but it cuts through. Not muddy at all.

:lol: Nice. Did you make the instrumental part on this one? I think it is pretty cool.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:04 pm You should really be at least 6" away, maybe even more. The Hentai B*tch in your song told me there's a huge difference between 5" and 6". Listen to Nine Inch Nails "Hurt", he's singing/speaking quietly but it cuts through. Not muddy at all.
What does 6* mean CM? or Inches? I use CM so that's why I ask. Maybe it's a dumb question and there's like guides for this but lately I feel like I've taken in so much knowledge I can barely take one thing to use before there's something new :lol:
I appreciate your feedback though, if you mean the chorus I wanted it to to be heavily complimented by beat, but maybe I could have made it a bit clearer. Dunno, trial and error
Genetic_Junk wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 pm :lol: Nice. Did you make the instrumental part on this one? I think it is pretty cool.
Nope it's made by a trap maker called Nebzzzy. I love many of his beats to be honest he's one of my go-to's when I want to license or think of buying something.
Though I really wish to learn how to make my own beats sometime, but I gotta try get better at one thing at the time :D

Anyhow I tried to fix the verses a bit to make them a little more impactful.
This is the most I've done with a song so far and though its not perfect I'll tap my shoulders for the effort and focus on a different type of song next, one where I can do more with the vocals.

Thanks everyone for the feedbacks! :pray:

Return to “Music Cafe”