Camel Audio Alchemy is gone forever. Now what?!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kevin63101 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:20 am
revvy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 am For a cheaper alternative to Logic it’s in MainStage too no?

(Logic here but just thought I’d throw that out there)
Logic is the cheap part. I'd need an apple computer too ... :clown:
Ah yes, good point :)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Just a quick update to let anyone that's interested - Bitwig 4.4 update now loads the last patch on Alchemy per specified track. (last three versions did not.) Apparently it has been a Bitwig issue and not an abandoned Camel one.
8)

BBFG# wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:33 am Just a quick update to let anyone that's interested - Bitwig 4.4 update now loads the last patch on Alchemy per specified track. (last three versions did not.) Apparently it has been a Bitwig issue and not an abandoned Camel one.
8)
Good to know, though I’ve not attempted to load Alchemy in a really long time… I’m not sure it made it to this build.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hi all, I recently rediscovered Camel Audio Alchemy in the depths of my PC and again it is great. Now I am missing the Cameleon Remixed Expansion very much. Same Analogica, Cinematic Atmospheres, Iceland. But mostly Cameleon Remixed. Can someone get me somehow a connection to this Expansions please. Will pay. Thank you!

I think all of the expansions were "hardwired" to the user with the final way they did the download when shutting down.

JonSolo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:33 am I think all of the expansions were "hardwired" to the user with the final way they did the download when shutting down.
Yeah, if it's like the software, I believe the downloads contain user-identifying information and maybe even payment (credit card, etc.) data.
A well-behaved signature.

zimmerabc wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:25 pm Hi all, I recently rediscovered Camel Audio Alchemy in the depths of my PC and again it is great. Now I am missing the Cameleon Remixed Expansion very much. Same Analogica, Cinematic Atmospheres, Iceland. But mostly Cameleon Remixed. Can someone get me somehow a connection to this Expansions please. Will pay. Thank you!

I have that bank. It was free as I recall, so maybe possible to install on anyone's computer.

Hi Seafire,
Can you please sell me a working copy of Cameleon remix?
Please answer to zimmerxyz@aol.com.
Thanks a lot !
Best Regards
Achim

seafire wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:32 am
zimmerabc wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:25 pm Hi all, I recently rediscovered Camel Audio Alchemy in the depths of my PC and again it is great. Now I am missing the Cameleon Remixed Expansion very much. Same Analogica, Cinematic Atmospheres, Iceland. But mostly Cameleon Remixed. Can someone get me somehow a connection to this Expansions please. Will pay. Thank you!

I have that bank. It was free as I recall, so maybe possible to install on anyone's computer.
I don't think so since it was still tied to our personal accounts and for that reason is still embedded in the library.

Share at your own risk.

What I am more interested in now is if any have installed it on the latest OSs and how it's working (or not). I do realize its UI is getting smaller. It's still the bar which I judge all other granular synths though...

Installed on Win11 here, working fine.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:19 pm
seafire wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:32 am

I don't think so since it was still tied to our personal accounts and for that reason is still embedded in the library.

Share at your own risk.

What I am more interested in now is if any have installed it on the latest OSs and how it's working (or not). I do realize its UI is getting smaller. It's still the bar which I judge all other granular synths though...
You may be right, says $59 here

https://web.archive.org/web/20150101163 ... ibrary.php

Maybe it was free if you owned CA5000 and Alchemy....I def didn't buy it, and it is legit.

Mine works ok on Windows 11 (22H2), Cubase 13 Pro (version 13.0.20 build 148 x64)....except depending on what library you have selected sometimes presets from another library are in the list of presets e.g. when Himalaya Pads is the library selected some of the presets are from the Dubstep library. Haven't looked into this extensively so can't say how much of a problem this is and i haven't tried to rectify it yet, but if i get round to it i'll post about it here.

Thanks for the Infos!

Return to “Instruments”