Kontakt7 with Komplete 13?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Komplete 7 is now out. Any ideas if this works with Komplete 13? Or does Kontakt7 require Komplete14?

It does not require K13 or K14.

I think to get it as part of Komplete, you have to update to 14. Otherwise you have to buy it outright separately.
Could be wrong though - it's happened before.

Kontakt 7 “IS” komplete 14 sadly, as the only thing new is just a browser GUI layer on top of the old kontakt 6, the new library is just a rebranded old library with a few new patches here and there, sad release.

If you really want kontakt 7 I would advice to wait for the summer of sound sale to upgrade next year.

Bartone wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:40 pm Komplete 7 is now out. Any ideas if this works with Komplete 13? Or does Kontakt7 require Komplete14?
Komplete is just a bundle of their individual plugins and their different libraries. So there maybe an upgrade path just for Kontakt 7 and it will definitely work alongside Komplete 13.

Most will weigh the available upgrades within Komplete to warrant if buying the bundle is the better buy. One thing to remember by upgrading is you get to still have products from the old bundle not included in the new bundle.

Lucastyle wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:27 am Kontakt 7 “IS” komplete 14 sadly
I must admit I hadn’t quite appreciated how little there is new in Standard. Expansions, a few new Play series products, Oberhausen and a few other Brainworx plugs. Ultimate and especially Collectors have a lot more substantial new products, but Standard is very threadbare, doubly so given the disappointment of Kontakt 7.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hi,

1) Does anyone know if the filters in Kontakt (within the main Kontakt modules) are zdf like the ones in Reaktor Blocks?

2) Does Kontakt go on sale around Black Friday?
Last edited by Modular Manfred on Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I saw posted elsewhere that the Kontakt 7 installer does not include a VST plug-in choice. VST3 is there but not VST. Can anyone confirm?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am I saw posted elsewhere that the Kontakt 7 installer does not include a VST plug-in choice. VST3 is there but not VST. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, only VST3 is installed and no VST2.

Is the free Kontakt player also updated to 7? I'm one that actually got more problems with v6 in it not finding libraries and ignoring file paths.
Klunky as it was, Kontakt 5 at least worked in those regards. But because of 6, I dumped Komplete and only have the player now. Not willing to spend anymore on something that is supposed to give you more by reducing what it's previously done.

BBFG# wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:20 pm Is the free Kontakt player also updated to 7? I'm one that actually got more problems with v6 in it not finding libraries and ignoring file paths.
Klunky as it was, Kontakt 5 at least worked in those regards. But because of 6, I dumped Komplete and only have the player now. Not willing to spend anymore on something that is supposed to give you more by reducing what it's previously done.
Yes, in fact that's the one I'm trying out before I upgrade from full version 6. Might wait for a cheaper price though.

DarkStar wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am I saw posted elsewhere that the Kontakt 7 installer does not include a VST plug-in choice. VST3 is there but not VST. Can anyone confirm?
This seems like fallout from Steinberg's decision not to support VST2 on M1 Mac's in Cubendo and their eventual plan to drop it all together. Seems like a few companies are dropping VST2 as a result, and also in order to support fewer formats. NI is definitely one but they're not alone.

BBFG# wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:06 am
Bartone wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:40 pm Komplete 7 is now out. Any ideas if this works with Komplete 13? Or does Kontakt7 require Komplete14?
Komplete is just a bundle of their individual plugins and their different libraries. So there maybe an upgrade path just for Kontakt 7 and it will definitely work alongside Komplete 13.

Most will weigh the available upgrades within Komplete to warrant if buying the bundle is the better buy. One thing to remember by upgrading is you get to still have products from the old bundle not included in the new bundle.
Yes I've been a Komplete user for a long time and I've purchased individual (sale priced) updates for both Reaktor 6 and Kontakt 6 in the past rather than do a whole KU update because there wasn't anything else important enough for me. You can also sell those updates later when you finally decide it's time to upgrade your Komplete package. :)

felis wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:25 am I think to get it as part of Komplete, you have to update to 14. Otherwise you have to buy it outright separately.
Could be wrong though - it's happened before.
Yes I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this one. You really can just purchase an update for Kontakt even if it's part of a an older Komplete bundle.

Sales are typically 6 months after release, so March - Easter 2023 would be likely. If you google around there are ways to get the cross-grade to Kontakt cheaper than full price.

Return to “Instruments”