Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Maid of Orleans, 1981

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here’s my rendition of OMD’s track from 1981, Maid of Orleans. I ran into a nice sample of Mellotron strings on my MPC and thought it would be nice to try it in this epic song: https://on.soundcloud.com/J5eErQV3p8TDyLhM8

Other synths are Minilogue XD and Moog Grandmother on bass and horns duty. I had to cut off the crazy intro because SoundCloud would otherwise bounce it

Nice job. Almost has a Celtic feel to the instrumentation and melody doesn't it.
Slightly more reverb on the drums for me, otherwise well done.

Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 pm Nice job. Almost has a Celtic feel to the instrumentation and melody doesn't it.
Slightly more reverb on the drums for me, otherwise well done.
Good hearing! It could indeed use some more reverb, especially on the snare.
It does have this Celtic feel, I really like this song, one of my favourites when I was a wee boy

really nice and I know it from the original live. and this version evokes the same feelings in me, that's what matters. succeeded!
(I once "imitated" electricity, but the track is on private - you never know what's allowed...)

h66 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:12 pm really nice and I know it from the original live. and this version evokes the same feelings in me, that's what matters. succeeded!
(I once "imitated" electricity, but the track is on private - you never know what's allowed...)
Thanks mate! Electricity is also a classic one, can we find your rendition anywhere online?

That was great, and close to the original sound.

Bojo Software wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:55 pm That was great, and close to the original sound.
Thanks for listening and for the compliment 🙏

Return to “Music Cafe”