Aquamarine [A synthwave with a bit of fake guitar...]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
7485 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:52 pm

BONES wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:30 am
You said you do your mix at the last moment, what do you mean by that? I start mixing the moment I add a second instrument so that by the time I add the final part in the arrangement, the mix is about 95% done. I can't imagine how else you would do it.
Tons of people don't do any serious mixing till the song is done. And of course many musicians have someone else mix it all together.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
14338 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:13 pm

That may be true but gives no insight or explanation. "Lots of people do it, so I do it, too" makes you sound like a clueless idiot.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, OB-Xtreme, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, SEM, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Rocket.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
7485 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:25 pm

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:13 pm That may be true but gives no insight or explanation. "Lots of people do it, so I do it, too" makes you sound like a clueless idiot.
lol I actually don't do it, I mix while I do it for the most part. Later I may go back and remix a bit though. I think for some it ruins the creative juices flowing, so they choose to focus on mainly the mixing afterwards. Also many don't know how to mix very well so they farm it out.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
14338 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:54 pm

If you don't know how to mix, you shouldn't be doing this at all. It's not like it's hard or anything, it just takes a bit of patience.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, OB-Xtreme, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, SEM, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Rocket.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
7485 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:56 pm

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:54 pm If you don't know how to mix, you shouldn't be doing this at all. It's not like it's hard or anything, it just takes a bit of patience.
I don't think many start off knowing how to mix right out of the gate. There is a relatively big market for mixing services (compared to what I gather you think) so...
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
14338 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 pm

... a lot of people are idiots. This is not news to me. They'd outsource breathing if they could.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, OB-Xtreme, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, SEM, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Rocket.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
7485 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:14 pm

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 pm ... a lot of people are idiots. This is not news to me. They'd outsource breathing if they could.
I know you think so, you made that very clear.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

VCA-089
KVRist
Topic Starter
201 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:28 am

seismic1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:34 pm I like the 5-note intro motif. Is that Cinematic Piano? The sound and style there was similar to something Bowie might have made during the "Low" era. When the arp enters at ca. 0:35, the track becomes its own thing. I like the way the opening motif re-appears in modified and unmodified forms throughout the piece. I think the lead synth at 4:04 (and maybe a couple of other places, too) could have used a "beefier" sound. The current lead sound is a little "thin".

Good work :)
Thank you!

It seems that different people has different ideas on the opening riff origin, so it tells me that it's quite spread out in the musical world. I guess by "Cinematic Piano" you mean an instrument library by Sample Science (can be found in the description). If you can define different sampled instruments only by their sound, then you have a great ear!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
10975 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:54 pm

VCA-089 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:28 am
seismic1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:34 pm I like the 5-note intro motif. Is that Cinematic Piano? The sound and style there was similar to something Bowie might have made during the "Low" era. When the arp enters at ca. 0:35, the track becomes its own thing. I like the way the opening motif re-appears in modified and unmodified forms throughout the piece. I think the lead synth at 4:04 (and maybe a couple of other places, too) could have used a "beefier" sound. The current lead sound is a little "thin".

Good work :)
Thank you!

It seems that different people has different ideas on the opening riff origin, so it tells me that it's quite spread out in the musical world. I guess by "Cinematic Piano" you mean an instrument library by Sample Science (can be found in the description). If you can define different sampled instruments only by their sound, then you have a great ear!
It was just a simple deduction based upon the list of instruments in your first post. I just wanted to be sure :)

I like the sound of "dark" pianos.

Return to “Music Cafe”