Kontakt7 with Komplete 13?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mostlyjustj wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:13 am
felis wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:25 am I think to get it as part of Komplete, you have to update to 14. Otherwise you have to buy it outright separately.
Could be wrong though - it's happened before.
Yes I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this one. You really can just purchase an update for Kontakt even if it's part of a an older Komplete bundle.
Yes, that is possible. I just upgraded to Kontakt 7 from Komplete 13CE.

The 13CE->14CE upgrade price is completely beyond ridiculous, but the Kontakt 7 upgrade is worth it imho. The new browser makes Kontakt very snappy and significantly improves the user experience.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Nice to hear the upgrade feels worth it. My main excitement/fear is the factory library. I find the factory library to be my main Kontakt go-to even with all the fancy libraries that I have with KU11... the idea of an even better F.L. is exciting but my fear is that I'll hate it and miss the old one haha

My understanding is that you can retain the factory library as the new one has a different name.

mostlyjustj wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:13 am
felis wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:25 am I think to get it as part of Komplete, you have to update to 14. Otherwise you have to buy it outright separately.
Could be wrong though - it's happened before.
Yes I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this one. You really can just purchase an update for Kontakt even if it's part of a an older Komplete bundle.
Yep - I was wrong. Just took a look and I can update Kontakt from 6 to 7 for $99, or update Komplete 13 to 14 for $199.

Yes.
I upgraded to Kontakt 7 even though I can upgrade to any Komplete SKU (due to upgrade train I took up to K13UCE).

I only got Kontakt 7 to ensure compatibility with third party libraries moving forwards. Doubt I'd buy anything else from Native Instruments, moving forwards...

I simply wanted to upgrade the sampler for HiDPI Support, which they may improve in this version (but not in v6).

They dropped the price of Kontakt from $399/199 Upgrades to $299/99 upgrades, so there was no pressing need to wait for a sale for that (for me). Got it so I could move on and pretend NI doesn't exist (as far as future purchases are concerned) :-P

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

rACatkvr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:06 am My understanding is that you can retain the factory library as the new one has a different name.
I don't see a point in retaining the Kontakt 6 (or 4, really) Factory Library because.

Factory Library 2 adds new Choral and Orchestral Sounds, which completely supersede anything in the original Factory Library.

And while the UI for the other instruments is really nice in Factory Library 2, the underlying samples/instruments/patches are identical to those in the original Factory Library. It's just the UI that has been updated, for the most part.

Honestly, this is so horribly explained by Native Instruments. It would have only taken them 5 minutes or less to create a post with this information (and some guidance) and sticky it on their official forums.

Keeping the Original Factory Library installed only makes sense if you have projects that use[d] that stuff. Beyond that, it's a waste of 24GB of SSD Storage.

If you have Komplete Ultimate (any that include Symphony Essentials/Series Collection) and a choir library like Olympus Micro or Elements, even Factory Library 2 isn't of great utility (personal opinion). I can see myself removing that in a week or so, honestly.

Odd that they didn't target some of the bigger Libraries from Komplete Ultimate/Collector's for a Library UI Refresh. The factory Library isn't really where this is needed, because a lot of users have far better Kontakt Libraries than that stuff.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

i just downloaded Kontakt Player 7.

I have Wave Alchemy Triaz that uses KP. In KP7 its interface doesn't appear to be size adjustable. What gives?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Trensharo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:58 am
rACatkvr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:06 am My understanding is that you can retain the factory library as the new one has a different name.
I don't see a point in retaining the Kontakt 6 (or 4, really) Factory Library because.

Factory Library 2 adds new Choral and Orchestral Sounds, which completely supersede anything in the original Factory Library.

And while the UI for the other instruments is really nice in Factory Library 2, the underlying samples/instruments/patches are identical to those in the original Factory Library. It's just the UI that has been updated, for the most part.

Honestly, this is so horribly explained by Native Instruments. It would have only taken them 5 minutes or less to create a post with this information (and some guidance) and sticky it on their official forums.
They don't want to explain the differences because the new Factory Library has more limited controls and you can't edit the sounds anymore in Edit Mode. The old Kontakt 6 Factory Library is much more useful for sound design. Explaining that openly would be bad marketing.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:37 pm
DarkStar wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am I saw posted elsewhere that the Kontakt 7 installer does not include a VST plug-in choice. VST3 is there but not VST. Can anyone confirm?
This seems like fallout from Steinberg's decision not to support VST2 on M1 Mac's in Cubendo and their eventual plan to drop it all together. Seems like a few companies are dropping VST2 as a result, and also in order to support fewer formats. NI is definitely one but they're not alone.
I guess that I missed the memo from NI. Can someone post a link to this announcement?

And what will those users who have been using Kontakt (6) VSTi, on the understanding that future upgrades would be seamless? Do they now need to migrate to Kontakt (7|) VST3?

Also, what VST3 features does Kontakt 7 support?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

bluesawsq wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:32 pm
Trensharo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:58 am

They don't want to explain the differences because the new Factory Library has more limited controls and you can't edit the sounds anymore in Edit Mode. The old Kontakt 6 Factory Library is much more useful for sound design. Explaining that openly would be bad marketing.
99% of people use those sounds as is. That is not a factor at all.

DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:44 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:37 pm
DarkStar wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am I saw posted elsewhere that the Kontakt 7 installer does not include a VST plug-in choice. VST3 is there but not VST. Can anyone confirm?
This seems like fallout from Steinberg's decision not to support VST2 on M1 Mac's in Cubendo and their eventual plan to drop it all together. Seems like a few companies are dropping VST2 as a result, and also in order to support fewer formats. NI is definitely one but they're not alone.
I guess that I missed the memo from NI. Can someone post a link to this announcement?

And what will those users who have been using Kontakt (6) VSTi, on the understanding that future upgrades would be seamless? Do they now need to migrate to Kontakt (7|) VST3?

Also, what VST3 features does Kontakt 7 support?
This actually started with a recent Kontakt 6 release. There was apparently a VST2 version of the last beta of Kontakt 6 right up until the very end of testing, then upon release it was VST3 only. Very annoying. I'm not a fan of VST3.

But I don't know if there's been any formal statement from NI on that front.

Return to “Instruments”