Cherry Audio Release Sines Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:08 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:48 pm This is by far one of the worst GUI designs I've ever seen. It literally makes me ill. :shock:
Yeah the waves gave me motion sickness.
rsp
I see what they are trying to do but it is a disorientating design - sacrificing function for the sake of a pretty obvious bit of visual symbolism is not smart.

Sounds interesting though

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:26 pm It sounds amazing, but I am shocked about how CPU-heavy it is. A sine-based synth that doesn't involve analog modeling should not be taking 30% of my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (16 GB RAM). OTOH, Opsix takes up 10%.
I've been a big fan of Cherry Audio(as I have the Dreamsynth, Quadra, and Elka-X)...but as you say, the CPU usage is absolutely insane.
I have an AMD Ryzen 5 with 16GB of RAM and a single preset on the Dreamsynth, can wreak havoc of my PC.
For this reason, Cheery Audio synths are virtually unusable....so I won't be adding any more CA synths to my collection.

Kross2 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:46 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:26 pm It sounds amazing, but I am shocked about how CPU-heavy it is. A sine-based synth that doesn't involve analog modeling should not be taking 30% of my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (16 GB RAM). OTOH, Opsix takes up 10%.
I've been a big fan of Cherry Audio(as I have the Dreamsynth, Quadra, and Elka-X)...but as you say, the CPU usage is absolutely insane.
I have an AMD Ryzen 5 with 16GB of RAM and a single preset on the Dreamsynth, can wreak havoc of my PC.
For this reason, Cheery Audio synths are virtually unusable....so I won't be adding any more CA synths to my collection.
Are you using multithread settings on your DAW? I do for both Renoise and Ableton.

THey should really hire a competent graphics designer , it seems that the person only knows knobman and MS paint :) , and let's not even start about the layout .
Oh wait , the designer also discovered the warptool :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I like the GUI.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Looks like a nice synth. Pretty good price, too.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

GUI just needs some color changes for different sections. Doesn't have to be a rainbow or anything, different lightness/saturation values for the same hue of blue would work. Just something to break up the monotony.

The amount of knobs becomes instantly manageable after watching only like 10 minutes in the video posted, which shows you what everything does. If you can't spare 10 minutes to learn something, then you probably aren't actually making any music. If you don't know how wavefolding or some of the stuff on the synth works, it's not a synth meant for you.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm
Kross2 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:46 pm
Are you using multithread settings on your DAW? I do for both Renoise and Ableton.
Yes...my PC is optimized and Cherry Audio is the ONLY VST's that give me a problem. You and I know full well, that Cherry Audio is the sole cause.

The UI is a dealbreaker for me. First one I won't even demo.
Stormchild

I really am not trying to say anything bad, Im sure its a good synth.

The UI is horrendous. Probably among the worst Ive ever seen in a synth plugin. You know its bad when people wont even demo it, let alone buy it because of the way it looks.

Robmobius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:22 pm I like the GUI.
Sure you do, come back in a month after you have suffered motion sickness

vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 am
Robmobius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:22 pm I like the GUI.
Sure you do, come back in a month after you have suffered motion sickness
S.M.D.
Last edited by Robmobius on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I bought it!
Last edited by Robmobius on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dp

doesn't sound anything like it.
not even close.
gui is too fuzzy on my 1990 CRT.

wait.. what?? :D (kidding, obviously)

Return to “Instruments”