Gloomy Sunday [classical + electronica]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,
something for darker times.

for further information please read the description on soundloud.

have a nice day.

(any comments, if something does not work on your monitor-speakers - or you have the feeling something is wrong ... let me know, every feedback is appreciated!)

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... omy-sunday
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

I like the vocal fx, and the overall vibe.
The piano by itself it OK, but when the vocals come in the piano is "competing" with the vocals by being too loud in the mix, not "supporting" them.
The unique rhythmic elements I think were supposed to be inventive and its nice to hear something a little different. But they didn't work for me.
Lots of potential this one - with better mixing, perhaps a better arrangement, it could be very good.

Interesting combination of emotional vocals and piano. The rhythm that sets
in seems a bit out of place. In the middle there is a break - and the song
seems to start again from the beginning. A dramatic piano part dominates
here. At the end the voice comes back.

To be honest, I'm a bit torn when listening to this song: on the one hand
a good motif - on the other hand it seems to me to be a snippet that lacks
a second part, a kind of "verse". But maybe that's still to come.

All in all I think: good motif! Carry on from here! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Great piano sound. Is it a Reason piano? I think the rhythm part should be louder when it enters around :50. The piece could be built into something bigger and more traditional. For example, you could shorten the middle section, return to the section that begins around :50, and add a bigger and longer (doctors hate this trick) finale using the piano variation introduced around 2:40. But I actually like its current unique form. Thanks for sharing. :)

Very emotional piano and vocals.
The singing is very inspiring, and all the emotions are flowing in your voice.
There are various feelings being introduced throughout the song, and I am a bit confused.
One constant is the piano which I like.
Well done.
Rene

Very cool dramatic track. The vocal reminds my of Beth Gibbons. I like the half-time feel of the piano and drums together.

There is a little competition between the vocal and the piano in the opening, but it's really only in a few places. One thing I just thought of is you could add a compressor on the piano side chained to the vocal to duck it just a bit. If you have a compressor that does mid/side, you could have it just duck the mid.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:14 am Very emotional piano and vocals.
The singing is very inspiring, and all the emotions are flowing in your voice.
There are various feelings being introduced throughout the song, and I am a bit confused.
One constant is the piano which I like.
Well done.
Rene
hi rene thanks for listening. btw. it is not my voice. it is a sampled voice from a youtube video. stretched and pitch shifted.
myself in 2022

Genetic_Junk wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:15 pm Great piano sound. Is it a Reason piano? I think the rhythm part should be louder when it enters around :50. The piece could be built into something bigger and more traditional. For example, you could shorten the middle section, return to the section that begins around :50, and add a bigger and longer (doctors hate this trick) finale using the piano variation introduced around 2:40. But I actually like its current unique form. Thanks for sharing. :)
hi, no the main piano is played by a professionel pianist with pro-audio engineers etc. i just sampled it - but contacted the label if i am allowed to use it. the detuned piano and the piano-pad like sound is Reason Radical Piano. yeah, the drums... i understand what you mean. due to the high quality of the piano (and the classical piece) i didn't want to make the drums too dominant. i understand that it will not work for everybody.

thanks for listening!
myself in 2022

Bansaw wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:40 pm I like the vocal fx, and the overall vibe.
The piano by itself it OK, but when the vocals come in the piano is "competing" with the vocals by being too loud in the mix, not "supporting" them.
The unique rhythmic elements I think were supposed to be inventive and its nice to hear something a little different. But they didn't work for me.
Lots of potential this one - with better mixing, perhaps a better arrangement, it could be very good.
enroe wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:13 am Interesting combination of emotional vocals and piano. The rhythm that sets
in seems a bit out of place. In the middle there is a break - and the song
seems to start again from the beginning. A dramatic piano part dominates
here. At the end the voice comes back.

To be honest, I'm a bit torn when listening to this song: on the one hand
a good motif - on the other hand it seems to me to be a snippet that lacks
a second part, a kind of "verse". But maybe that's still to come.

All in all I think: good motif! Carry on from here! :tu:
:cry:

i feel a bit sorry that you didn't like it that much - but personal i think the form of the track is one of my best. i know that i does not follow the classical structures - but it is different :lol:

but thanks a lot that you listened to it and that you even took some time to write a comment!

if someone is interested. here you find the original piece with the pianist (i asked the label for the permission, if i can use the recording in my piece).

prelude starts at 8:32. it is a relative unknown romantic composer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J3JV5Cxh3s
Last edited by tomtom1 on Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 am Very cool dramatic track. The vocal reminds my of Beth Gibbons. I like the half-time feel of the piano and drums together.

There is a little competition between the vocal and the piano in the opening, but it's really only in a few places. One thing I just thought of is you could add a compressor on the piano side chained to the vocal to duck it just a bit. If you have a compressor that does mid/side, you could have it just duck the mid.
i like the voice. since it got pitched down - it got some extra value. sounds mysterious :)

hm. strange i already use a compressor (with voice) on the piano - on the words: "gloomy sunday" (but then it is switched off again). which words do you think do still compete?
maybe the piano should overall be a bit more quiet??

thanks for listening!
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 am
eassae wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 am Very cool dramatic track. The vocal reminds my of Beth Gibbons. I like the half-time feel of the piano and drums together.

i like the voice. since it got pitched down - it got some extra value. sounds mysterious :)

hm. strange i already use a compressor (with voice) on the piano - on the words: "gloomy sunday" (but then it is switched off again). which words do you think do still compete?

thanks for listening!
It's really one place around 0:40. It doesn't really bother me that much, I was just really listening for it because bansaw mentioned it.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:49 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 am

thanks for listening!
It's really one place around 0:40. It doesn't really bother me that much, I was just really listening for it because bansaw mentioned it.
ah okay, maybe one day i will fix it .. but in my mind the voice is the secondary part and pinao is first... i know it is a bit unusual :D
myself in 2022

I can't work out why, but this piece reminds me of Matt Bellamy/Muse from approx. 20 years ago. Not any particular piece, but just a general impression. I wasn't too sure about the percussion, but I did like the "Tape-Stop" effect.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:09 pm I can't work out why, but this piece reminds me of Matt Bellamy/Muse from approx. 20 years ago. Not any particular piece, but just a general impression. I wasn't too sure about the percussion, but I did like the "Tape-Stop" effect.

Good work :)
:) thanks.

Muse is a great band, didn't they use a lot of classical instruments/melodies too? I can remember expecially one song. Maybe that is why you are reminded.
myself in 2022

14 Muse Songs Inspired By Classical Music:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XycSsn9YyM

This compilation may not be exhaustive.

Return to “Music Cafe”