(¬︿¬) Metoji (♥‿♥)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:28 pm I've listened to it 3 times and the album is great, but I particularly liked Eleoess Muted, Sparkat Fire, Crystal Beyes and Kissodo Down. I can definitely hear differences in the transients between your mix and the final on my monitors.

Good work :)
Wow, Thanks a lot seismic! Eleoess Muted was a track that I liked well enough when I made it, but didn't consider it that much. Recently though it's become one of my favorites on the album, so I'm glad you liked it.

Just curious what version in terms of transients did you prefer? You won't hurt my feelings if you say the final mastered. There is a few tracks though, where I go back and forth between the sharper sound and the softer sound.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

I did a quick level analysis on the two mp3s and they are very close, so there was no reason for me to compensate for differing volume levels. I think the transients sound a little smoother in Adam's master, although this is not necessarily better, just different, and possibly a matter of taste. If I'm making a beat-oriented track, I tend to prefer a more aggressive sound, particularly on percussion. One thing I noticed in Adam's master was that the hats are much more prominent. You can hear this in the first 2 seconds of each file.

seismic1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:19 pm I did a quick level analysis on the two mp3s and they are very close, so there was no reason for me to compensate for differing volume levels. I think the transients sound a little smoother in Adam's master, although this is not necessarily better, just different, and possibly a matter of taste. If I'm making a beat-oriented track, I tend to prefer a more aggressive sound, particularly on percussion. One thing I noticed in Adam's master was that the hats are much more prominent. You can hear this in the first 2 seconds of each file.
Yeah, Adams is definitely a bit brighter which bring out the hats. There are a few tracks where I miss the more aggressive feel. Thanks again for listening. When you work on something for so long it becomes almost disorientating to hear even minor differences.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

I've listened to three - nice stuff! great sounds in Eleoess Muted. I like how different instruments come in anytime. Same with chord patterns and melodies. Many variations coming in/out but it's all cohesive.

eassae wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 pm
seismic1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:19 pm I did a quick level analysis on the two mp3s and they are very close, so there was no reason for me to compensate for differing volume levels. I think the transients sound a little smoother in Adam's master, although this is not necessarily better, just different, and possibly a matter of taste. If I'm making a beat-oriented track, I tend to prefer a more aggressive sound, particularly on percussion. One thing I noticed in Adam's master was that the hats are much more prominent. You can hear this in the first 2 seconds of each file.
Yeah, Adams is definitely a bit brighter which bring out the hats. There are a few tracks where I miss the more aggressive feel. Thanks again for listening. When you work on something for so long it becomes almost disorientating to hear even minor differences.
I don't think there is such a thing as the "perfect" mix, certainly from the perspective of the original creator. I had one track which I wrote in early 2010, and I remixed it a further 5 times between 2012 and 2017. It will never be perfect, and I can still hear significant flaws now, even in the latest mix. I decided that enough is enough. The track is old enough to stand on its own feet. I have other things to work on, and my more recent tracks seem to require less polishing than earlier pieces.

Mike777 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:36 pm I've listened to three - nice stuff! great sounds in Eleoess Muted. I like how different instruments come in anytime. Same with chord patterns and melodies. Many variations coming in/out but it's all cohesive.
Thanks for listening Mike777!
eassae.com

seismic1 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:08 am I don't think there is such a thing as the "perfect" mix, certainly from the perspective of the original creator. I had one track which I wrote in early 2010, and I remixed it a further 5 times between 2012 and 2017. It will never be perfect, and I can still hear significant flaws now, even in the latest mix. I decided that enough is enough. The track is old enough to stand on its own feet. I have other things to work on, and my more recent tracks seem to require less polishing than earlier pieces.
Yeah, it's definitely good to realize when enough is enough. :tu:
eassae.com

Smooth. I just did Lipstick Sparkull and will do the rest when I get home to better speakers. Nice work.

Cool! Enjoyable electronic music with nice groove.
I likedthe pleasant soundscape and ambiance.

vstdls wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:54 pm Smooth. I just did Lipstick Sparkull and will do the rest when I get home to better speakers. Nice work.
Thanks for listening vstdls :tu:
eassae.com

markkuja wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:41 am Cool! Enjoyable electronic music with nice groove.
I likedthe pleasant soundscape and ambiance.
Thanks markkuja :tu:
eassae.com

Last of the free download codes:

https://ccundefined.bandcamp.com/yum

f6zp-glzr
mn28-3myl
famy-c62j
w78y-xgxk
e5nn-j3j8
grav-6s92
tlf6-k4gh
eassae.com

Really impressive. I particularly love the combination of the synths with the acoustic piano.

jwnicholson wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:22 pm Really impressive. I particularly love the combination of the synths with the acoustic piano.
Thanks for listening jwnicholson.
eassae.com

Just saw, that i never commented on that. Great stuff, mixes and sounds. My favorites: Eleoness and Sparkat!

:tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”