Which synthesizer is most suitable for ambient music?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been looking for the most suitable synthesizer for ambient music. I already have omnisphere. Do I need any other synthesizer? Dune3 sounds really amazing. What do you think?

Pigments is outstanding - if you have a Mac then Alchemy for Logic is too

sonic999 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:58 am I have been looking for the most suitable synthesizer for ambient music. I already have omnisphere. Do I need any other synthesizer?
Need? Nope.

Any synthesiser could be someone's 'most suitablefor ambient', that's the actual nature of synthesisers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If you have Omnisphere already, you 100% don't need anything else.

tehlord wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:32 am If you have Omnisphere already, you 100% don't need anything else.
This

But if it's just gearlust and you want something cool and otherworldly sounding, try ABYSS its on sale...https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... some-Abyss
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I guess it depends on the kind of sounds you're after. Some people can do Ambient music with a one oscillator monophonic analog synth.

As I figure you DO want to have more versatility, I would recommend Waldorf Largo, which is perfectly suited for most of the sounds typically associated with Ambient music IMO.

If you're quick you can still get Largo for half price on Waldorf Music's online shop with this coupon code: 50SPAREN

I find it's more important to have a decent reverb than which synth. With Vallhalla SuperMAssive / Eventide Blackhole, you can turn almost any sound into an ambient soundscape, but it depends on exactly what type of sound you're after.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

I agree. A suitable reverb is very important, and, Blackhole and Supermassive should both be well suited.

Just get Vital for free. Then you have Omnisphere for complicated sample based pads etc plus Vital for faster stuff (still capable for a lot). And get those reverbs too. I'm not saying that Omnisphere cant't do basic stuff, but Vital is also top quality synth and fast to work with.

Rod Staples wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 pm I find it's more important to have a decent reverb than which synth. With Vallhalla SuperMAssive / Eventide Blackhole, you can turn almost any sound into an ambient soundscape, but it depends on exactly what type of sound you're after.
The new (this week) version of SuperMassive even has a gorgeous bloom simulation.

You probably don't need anything else but if it is a want I would suggest looking at novum by dawesome.

What is best for ambient is more about how you want to work than any particular tools.

Samiver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:43 pm You probably don't need anything else but if it is a want I would suggest looking at novum by dawesome.
I suggested ABYSS by Dawsomne :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Zebra layered with Softube Modular.

The Jellyfish (on sale atm)

Return to “Instruments”