Some West African hip-hop I produced, using mostly my own samples

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPpf4spf1o

Those who've been hanging around the samples forum for too long might recognize the violin motif from various Vengeful strings walkthroughs, and the Bear Sax demo years ago. Basically, I made a free baritone sax sample library and released it on April Fool's day, pretending it's a giant flute made from a bear thighbone. I made a demo using subtones, using the detuned key noises as percussion, and some accordion-like chords to make it sound nothing like a sax. And I thought its main motif was so catchy I've been reusing it since, until finally it made its way into a proper track.

I'm in the video, too, along with the bass I sampled for Vengeful Bass, Meatbass etc. And the vocalist is Pj Daauthor, who recorded all our Ghana sample libraries and does a lot of sample editing for Karoryfer, too.

Awesome! Super squishy groove - love the push and pull feel. Tasty bass and smoove' vox. I dig it!

Well, of course I'm curious to see what kind of songs our famous sample and SFZ creator
Karoryfer will record! :hyper:

And yes: I am positively touched: Really good song! :tu:

The vocals are expressive, the arrangement is rather minimalistic in an astute way.
Groove, cello and vocals combine to form a coherent whole song - a kind of catchy tune!
Excellent! The black-white video documents the recording in a very pleasant way. :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Might seems surprisingly commercial for someone who does string and ethnic instrument samples with weird techniques, heh.

A random fact: the piano and guitar never play on "one" until the very last note. The cello jete never plays on one at all. And even the kick finds an excuse to drop the one a few times. The only thing that always plays on the one when it plays is the vibraslap. So I might have overdone the syncopation.

DSmolken wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:52 am I might have overdone the syncopation.
Is that even possible? :D

Well, somebody told me this reminds him of dub reggae, heh.

Return to “Music Cafe”