Sonic Charge instruments are now VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonic Charge instruments are VST3 now :D
Apple M1 as well :)
https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/218 ... 3-and-more

Just waiting for a major Synplant update. :)

nice. microtonic still ftw^^

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:41 pm Just waiting for a major Synplant update. :)
Let's have a cognitive linguistics seminar about that. :hihi:

Not that I wan't to throw money around but these VST3 updates which also include resizable gui enhancements are worth spending some money on. Very happy about this and can't beat the price. Well done.

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:41 pm Just waiting for a major Synplant update. :)
From that thread it looks like Synplant 2 is in the works.

Microtonic will never cease to amaze me.

It's nearly 20 years old and still probably the best VST electronic drum machine out there.

It's a masterclass in design.

kraster wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 pm Microtonic will never cease to amaze me.

It's nearly 20 years old and still probably the best VST electronic drum machine out there.

So much this! Best sounding drum synth on the market IMO.

kraster wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 pm Microtonic will never cease to amaze me.

Absolutely :)

Why dont they do sales?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Magnus Lidström yesterday19:03 wrote: Here is some more detailed information on our VST3 ports:
  • In hosts where VST3 replaces VST2 (e.g., Cubase), we have made every possible effort to ensure that everything sounds the same when you load old projects.
  • MIDI out (notes only) should work in Microtonic and Synplant
  • MIDI Program Change messages are supported, but many VST3 hosts do not seem to implement the support.
  • "Learning" of MIDI CC numbers is supported, provided it is implemented by the VST3 host (at the time of this writing, it is not supported in Ableton Live, for example).
  • Because of limitations in VST3, you cannot assign the same MIDI CC to more than one parameter in Microtonic.
  • The following features in Microtonic do not work and are disabled: "MIDI CC operate on selected channel", "MIDI CC generate parameter automation", "Improved scaling of MIDI CC values" and "Knobs and buttons send MIDI CC".
  • You cannot turn the individual pattern steps on and off with MIDI CC in Microtonic.
  • A .vstpreset file is the complete program bank, not a single preset.
It's a shame they had to support such a lesser format. :lol:

kraster wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:02 pm
Indeed, but this has been the case since 2013.

This is the first tangible evidence it exists, but I still wouldn't hold my breath for it.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:45 pm Why dont they do sales?
They don’t have to. Boutique and brilliantly executed apps, with next to 0 issues and excellent customer support - worth every penny

mcnelson wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:21 pm
kraster wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:02 pm
Indeed, but this has been the case since 2013.

This is the first tangible evidence it exists, but I still wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Yes exactly, been a LONG time coming! :lol:

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:27 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:45 pm Why dont they do sales?
They don’t have to. Boutique and brilliantly executed apps, with next to 0 issues and excellent customer support - worth every penny
I bought Microtonic for full price and it still feels like a bargain.

You get arguably the best electronic drum machine ever built and if you download the patternarium archives you get 25,000 patterns and presets.
It's amazing that a few slight adjustments to the parameters can totally change the sound.

It's also super easy to get where you want it to be. It's lightning quick to use.

Everything seems to be absolutely refined so every control has maximum musicality.

The EQ and the distortion, for example, always just sound right. The stereo switch on the noise section always opens up the sound the perfect amount.

Even the menus are so well thought out.

When I first got it I was like "I wonder if you can..." and the answer was always "of course you can".

Only recently I discovered the scripting feature and now I have an inbuilt mixer for it. Out of nowhere!

Return to “Instruments”