Blew the dust off.... Z3TA+ 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For my latest track this one should fit right in. Any thoughts, tips or suggestions.... I was having a play around and the basics seem quite obvious, a little bit of a fiddly GUI but it has a nice hard sound to it which will be just right for what I am up to (especially filters are quite edgy) Sound a bit loose of an engine sound/precision wise which is spot on for my needs.

In fact more than a dust off bought it in 2016 and had to reinstall which was simplicity itself using Cakewalks installer, within 50 seconds it was installed and opened in Cubase ready for fun. When I rebuilt the system from Cubase 32 bit Win 7 with Win 10 64 I did not immediately reinstall it. Nice to remember you have something that could be useful. 8)

Like a free synth almost.

I wonder if Rapture (and/or Pro) still will install too.

Z3TA+ 2 is quite fun and capable, I think

gaf_thit wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:57 pm I wonder if Rapture (and/or Pro) still will install too.
Don't see a reason why it wouldn't, unless you use a Mac computer.

Definitely having a fetish moment with "vintage" soft synths. I like how the Z3TA+2 looks. Definitely a bit space ship control panel.

Z3TA+ was one of my favourite soft synths for a very long time....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Z3TA has so much potential. Really unfortunate that there's no one interested in developing a version 3 with a revamped synth engine.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:45 pm Z3TA has so much potential. Really unfortunate that there's no one interested in developing a version 3 with a revamped synth engine.
Used to love this back in the day. GUI needs a revamp but soundwise, could probably give Vanguard 2 a run for its money.

*ducks*
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Same generation, so, ya. :)

gaf_thit wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:57 pm I wonder if Rapture (and/or Pro) still will install too.

Z3TA+ 2 is quite fun and capable, I think
Rapture works here on Win10.

In case anyone hasn’t heard of the synth plugin, here are tracks made for the OSC with Z3ta+

https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/20 ... z3ta?pli=1

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:01 pm Don't see a reason why it wouldn't, unless you use a Mac computer.
Examigan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:26 pm Rapture works here on Win10.
Good to hear. Last thing I did before the original Rapture went out of use by me, due to a failed harddrive, was to buy a Galbanum set for it. Never tried. It's been on my mind ever since. Love that synth.

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:55 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:45 pm Z3TA has so much potential. Really unfortunate that there's no one interested in developing a version 3 with a revamped synth engine.
Used to love this back in the day. GUI needs a revamp but soundwise, could probably give Vanguard 2 a run for its money.

*ducks*
IMO, Vanguard 2 can clean the toilet after Z3TA 2 or even 1 (I somehow prefer 1).
I had laughed when I heard Z3TA+ in many of my fav PsyTrance tracks from the past :)

Doesn’t z3ta+ (at least 2.x), and the other ones, needs online authorization?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I tried to instal Z3TA 2 today, and it asked me for a registration code, which I didn't have... when I tried to register it again, it told me that it had already been registered.

So I installed the original z3ta+ again (for which I had written down the registration code). Weird, I don't really remember having to fill in that registration code for Z3TA 2. I installed it on quite a few machines over the years.

Synthman2000 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:45 pm Any thoughts, tips or suggestions....
Here's a blog post with some tips and YouTube links from longtime Cakewalk lead developer Noel Borthwick.
http://www.noelborthwick.com/cakewalk/2 ... 3ta-junkie
liquidsound wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 pm Doesn’t z3ta+ (at least 2.x), and the other ones, needs online authorization?
The last I heard, Cakewalk Command Center still worked. :shrug:
Some older synths just need serial number and authorization code.

Return to “Instruments”