A Day In The Life, Beatles 1967

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The honesty in the performance, including "imperfections" like the strained voice, make this a great cover. Thank you for sharing Rene. :)

:D excellent thank you for sharing

vstdls wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:51 am Rene,
as always, so good.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi vstdls
You are so awesome, and love your responses!!!
Thank you so very much, as always!!!
With love and respect,
Rene
***************************************************************************************************
Allomerus wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:46 am Agree with Tim, this is one of the Beatles best. Great version, very poignant.
Well done!
:)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Allomerus,
Thank you for the wonderful comments.
Love 'em!!!
Warm regards, and stay healthy!!!
Respectfully,
Rene
*********************************************************************************
seismic1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:44 am Re: The Beatles - I'm not a big fan of most of their music, but A Day In the Life was an exceptional piece (particularly for its time), so I was naturally interested to see what you would be able to do with it. I think your stripped-down arrangement works very well indeed. I took a listen to your earlier version (from 9 months ago), and I think this works better as an arrangement, as a performance, and in terms of the recording too. I didn't mind the reverb on here, but you've probably already noticed that.
Good work :)
+++++++++++++++++++
Hi seismic1,
You are so appreciated, my friend.
Love your feedback, especially the arrangement comparison from 9 months ago.
I did not think anybody would notice my re-take on this beautiful classic.
Your comments are so loved, and the reverb's gotta come come, so the vocals can be upfront.
Thank you!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

hope you don't mind this post, as im sharing another cover of this.
by the flaming lips, i grabbed the "with a little help from my friends" album on tuesday, to help complete my lips collection.
their dark side of the moon cover album, was good, but didn't blow me away. this did, some great versions and truly psychedelic:party:
so thought you may be interested in this one 8)

https://youtu.be/thWe4_uj9VM

id love to hear what you think of this one. this and lucy are for me, the new definitive versions of these songs.

(sorry to all my liverpudlian muckers)

seangm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:32 pm Great job with a classic, never heard anyone do that one acoustically but it sounds great and your voice kills it every time.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi seangm,
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
You are so appreciated!
Loved that you liked the acoustic rendition of this classic!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:40 pm The honesty in the performance, including "imperfections" like the strained voice, make this a great cover. Thank you for sharing Rene. :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Genetic_Junk,
Love your great comments, always!!!
Your solid support is very much loved!
Thank you so much!
Stay safe and keep healthy!!!
Rene

Helio131 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 pm :D excellent thank you for sharing
++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Helio131,
You are so awesome, and so much appreciated!!!
Your beautiful words are so loved!!!
Thank you so much!
Respectfully,
Rene

this is a great cover. thanks for posting.

sjm wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:52 pm On the subject of reverb: it's a little much, but you could have used bucketloads if you'd done the aaaah aaah aah bit after the bridge. That's the bit that's crying out for reverb, but you skipped it :|
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have to agree with you, @sjm!!!
I have to learn when to use and when to less use.
I love reverb, makes it easier to sing, and makes you feel good singing, hahahaha.
Thanks for wonderful feedback!
Respectfully,
Rene

Love it !

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:13 pm hope you don't mind this post, as im sharing another cover of this.
by the flaming lips, i grabbed the "with a little help from my friends" album on tuesday, to help complete my lips collection.
their dark side of the moon cover album, was good, but didn't blow me away. this did, some great versions and truly psychedelic:party:
so thought you may be interested in this one 8)
id love to hear what you think of this one. this and lucy are for me, the new definitive versions of these songs.
(sorry to all my liverpudlian muckers)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi @vurt,
Thank you for this video.
Although when I tried opening, the vid is not available.
I do love this song, and Lucy as well.
You are so awesome, and you are so appreciated.
Love your responses, vurt!!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

AntonioB wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:39 pm this is a great cover. thanks for posting.
+++++++++++++++++
Thank you, AB!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”