How to uninstall Gforce Oddity 2 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There doesn't seem to be an uninstaller. The Gforce website says use the installer to uninstall by unchecking the boxes you want to uninstall, which works for Imposcar 2 but doesn't seem to for Oddity 2.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I'm looking to sell both for £50 each if anyone's interested.

Arcvidean.
Last edited by Arcvidean on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hit this problem when uninstalling oddity. I think it’s because its a 32 installer and somehow 64 windows isn’t recognizing it. Like there is a broken pointer, or it gets intalled in a place that newer 64 bit windows doesn’t expect it to be. It’s even more difficult because the uninstaller is not labled... it just says “uninstaller” but you don’t know which uninstaller it is LoL. I wound up ripping it out and using ccleaner to fix the registry issues. Worked fine for me.

Hey, have you tried uninstalling from the start menu? Just cutious.

Thanks for your replies. The start menu takes me to the remove programs page where there's no entry for Gforce Oddity 2.

Arcvidean.

Check this out, from the FAQ section on the GForce website: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/support/ ... l#t29n1454
How do I uninstall your instruments?
Platform:
MAC/PC
Format:
Any
Run the installer again (download a new one if you need to). When it comes to the installation selection screen keep clicking the tickbox until the text reads Uninstall. Do this for each format you want to uninstall then complete the installation process.
So, basically, run the plugin installer again, the way i understand it.

I’m sorry I can’t be more help, except to say I can confirm your issue. You are not crazy. I had the same problem. The installer is there somewhere in your system, it’s just impossible to find. If you do a file search for it, it’s just a generic name, and there will probably be a few of them buried in the 32 bit system side LoL.

chk071 wrote:Check this out, from the FAQ section on the GForce website: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/support/ ... l#t29n1454
Platform:
MAC/PC
Format:
Any
Run the installer again (download a new one if you need to). When it comes to the installation selection screen keep clicking the tickbox until the text reads Uninstall. Do this for each format you want to uninstall then complete the installation process.

I was dealing with this last year but from memory it just jept installing the plugin.

Weird shit man. I got mtron pro installed here workin fine and shows up on programs and features in control panel. Runnin installer again got the uninstall option. This just some prob with oddity? Got a corrupt install or what?

Sounds like a bug. Report that shit man maybe the cats at gforce dunno its a thing.

Dasheesh wrote:
chk071 wrote:Check this out, from the FAQ section on the GForce website: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/support/ ... l#t29n1454
Platform:
MAC/PC
Format:
Any

I was dealing with this last year but from memory it just jept installing the plugin.
That's what keeps happening to me.

Armagibbon wrote:Weird shit man. I got mtron pro installed here workin fine and shows up on programs and features in control panel. Runnin installer again got the uninstall option. This just some prob with oddity? Got a corrupt install or what?

Sounds like a bug. Report that shit man maybe the cats at gforce dunno its a thing.
Yeah, I think it’s just an oddity 2 bug. There is also a major bug with the GUI on mac, but that’s another issue. At the time I just gave up and moved on because I know how rare a bug fix is with GFORCE gear. They make EXCELLENT instruments, but updates are non existant. You just live with the bugs when you buy in. They do seem to be working on updates currently though! I saw they were taking surveys about GUI sizes and such. They HAVE to know about this problem. It might get fixed with a once in a bluebloodmoon update soon.

Hey guys, if you run the installer, then uncheck everything, it'll uninstall.

Yupp no uninstaller. I don't want their synths no more.

Get the free Revo uninstaller, it will solve your issue.
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-un ... -download/

It doesn't have an uninstaller so it will not be shown in Revo Uninstaller anyway.

Mac | Run the installer again (download a new one if you need to). When it comes to the installation selection screen keep clicking the tickbox until the text reads Uninstall. Do this for each format you want to uninstall then complete the installation process.

PC |Find the uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs and run.
I tried to follow the instruction on GForce site, unsuccessfully. I'm on Windows, and I can't find a way to uninstall it. The installer doesn't show the option to uninstall even if I deselect all the options. And there's no Oddity (or GForce) showing up in Add/Remove Programs.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Return to “Instruments”