Blew the dust off.... Z3TA+ 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a serial for Z3TA 2, but, my account on Cakewalk says "N/A" for the registration code.

And, I really don't remember having to fill that in on my last installations...

I don't really want to install Cakewalk Command Center.

Oh well, not that important. :)

Hmmm I get N/A for the Z3ta+2.2 reg code here as well. It's been so long since the last time I had to reinstall Zeta that I don't remember the process but I thought the Command Center was no longer needed?

Did you try to download just the Zeta installer ? Bitdefender blocks it here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I still had the Z3TA 2 installer backed up on my hard drive (alongside the serials).

I don't remember having had any issues either when I last installed it... don't get it.

telecharge wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:50 pmThe last I heard, Cakewalk Command Center still worked. :shrug:
Some older synths just need serial number and authorization code.
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:22 pm Hmmm I get N/A for the Z3ta+2.2 reg code here as well. It's been so long since the last time I had to reinstall Zeta that I don't remember the process but I thought the Command Center was no longer needed?

Did you try to download just the Zeta installer ? Bitdefender blocks it here.
IIRC, up to 2.0x I could just use a serial number and the with the 2.1 upgrade the Command Center was equired and that's when all my Cakewalk plugins went straight into an online storage.
Nothing has changed then :shrug:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Could well be that I last installed and activated it via the Command Center. It's been a while.

Makes sense.

I went to the Cakewalk site, logged in and downloaded it.
It did show me the reg code I needed to use (not N/A).
It works fine here and didn't have to use the Command Center.

I think the products with N/A in the list (after you login) are demo versions if you didn't originally buy them at some point. For some products though, I do have a couple that show N/A but I know I bought them. I think those were the ones I paid for that were CD versions way-back-when (one is Guitar Tracks 2), so the reg code is probably with the packaging for those.
Last edited by Examigan on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I definitely bought Z3TA 2. That can't be it.

I'll try another thing, be right back. ;)

I just noticed there are two entries for Z3ta+ 2 in the list of my products.
I have one that shows as N/A in the list and the other has the registration code.

I just tried to fill in the registration code I have for z3ta+ for Z3TA 2, but, that didn't work either.

I'm 100% sure now that, last time I had Z3TA 2 installed, I installed and activated it via the Cakewalk Command Center.

Anyway, I'll just use z3ta+. The differences are minimal anyway, apart from the GUI.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:05 pm I just tried to fill in the registration code I have for z3ta+ for Z3TA 2, but, that didn't work either.

I'm 100% sure now that, last time I had Z3TA 2 installed, I installed and activated it via the Cakewalk Command Center.

Anyway, I'll just use z3ta+. The differences are minimal anyway, apart from the GUI.
If you had z3ta 2 installed and activated, BandLab's support may be able to help you. They've been helping people re-activate Cakewalk plug-ins that can't be activated through the site. I haven't had to try it yet (I'm sure I will eventually), but I've seen where they've helped others.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks, I'll send them a message tomorrow. :)

Edit: Just sent them the message, I'll let you know what they say.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rene is a smart cookie who coded some great synths with some forward thinking designs and ideas ...

I hope that Cakewalk will revive them again one day with input from Rene,because he was the spark that started it all...

Imagine Zeta+2 and Rapture Pro with improved filters and updated effects etc 🌞
No auto tune...

That would be great. Probably only a dream though. ;)

For the record, Z3ta+ and DImension Pro both install, authorise (with serials) and run fine on Windows 11. GUIs getting small but usable.

I'm not a big user of traditional sounds but DimensionPro still cuts it when I want a simple organ or rhodes or lofi strings (<3 Garritan Pocket Orchestra) etc.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:05 pm I just tried to fill in the registration code I have for z3ta+ for Z3TA 2, but, that didn't work either.

Z3TA 2.1 installs with a simple serial, v2.2 needs challenge response.

Return to “Instruments”