Arturia V Collection V6 - V9 = get Instruments replaced?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, i am thinking of upgrading my V Collection maybe but i think i remembered that some instruments got replaced/changed?

1. if yes, can you install only the new additional instruments and leave out the changed ones?
2. can you install the changed ones seperately?
3. if not, what changed and did it impact backwards compatiblity? e.g. sounds etc,

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hey, I upgraded from V7 to V9 in current $99 sale (couldn't resist!). The new instruments are just that - completely separate installations. You can install whichever bits of V9 you like & of course also uninstall the older versions.

RE: sounds, Analog Lab V has an option to include "legacy sounds" in settings menu. This will show all the sounds made with the older versions. If you select this option, you'll get more presets showing - the sounds will play fine & be tweakable via the usual Analog Lab controls, but you will need to install the older versions if you wish to dig a bit deeper into the legacy sounds.

Hope that helps.

FJ5 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:39 am Hey, I upgraded from V7 to V9 in current $99 sale (couldn't resist!). The new instruments are just that - completely separate installations. You can install whichever bits of V9 you like & of course also uninstall the older versions.

RE: sounds, Analog Lab V has an option to include "legacy sounds" in settings menu. This will show all the sounds made with the older versions. If you select this option, you'll get more presets showing - the sounds will play fine & be tweakable via the usual Analog Lab controls, but you will need to install the older versions if you wish to dig a bit deeper into the legacy sounds.

Hope that helps.
Hi, thx a lot, this helps a ton!

i think it was only the Minimoog which was soundwise changed, i need to investigate the changes from V6 -> V7 -> V8 -> V9 again :D

i have some Minimoog projects and hope not that they sound completely different, need to export the Stems before then.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am i think it was only the Minimoog which was soundwise changed, i need to investigate the changes from V6 -> V7 -> V8 -> V9 again :D

i have some Minimoog projects and hope not that they sound completely different, need to export the Stems before then.
AFAIK, Mini V got the 'soundengine update' in V Collection 5.
You can install all Minimoog versions separately; V1, V2, and V3.

T-CM11 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:23 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am i think it was only the Minimoog which was soundwise changed, i need to investigate the changes from V6 -> V7 -> V8 -> V9 again :D

AFAIK, Mini V got the 'soundengine update' in V Collection 5.
You can install all Minimoog versions separately; V1, V2, and V3.
many thanks!

The different numbers on V-Colletion versions is more about the number of instruments than about their versions, and the new updated engines of old synths are different plugins, so you can just install everything without any issues.

waltercruz wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:17 pm The different numbers on V-Colletion versions is more about the number of instruments than about their versions, and the new updated engines of old synths are different plugins, so you can just install everything without any issues.
It's really cool. But sometimes full compatibility would also be useful for convenience :hihi:

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am Hi, thx a lot, this helps a ton!

i think it was only the Minimoog which was soundwise changed, i need to investigate the changes from V6 -> V7 -> V8 -> V9 again :D

CS-80, Prophet V and the Jupe-8 all got complete redos. I don't remember if Piano was in V6 but it got a redo shortly after it came out.

It`s also worth mentioning, some of the synths with a complete overhaul (e.j. Jup-8V), are sometimes not compatible with earlier presets. Like presets for Jup-V (version 3) don`t work in version 4, since overhaul changed some stuff. But you keep both in your account (if you have V-Collection), you can keep Jup-8V v3 and also install v4 additionally.

a preset converter would be realy nice, like they offered it for Collection V5.
I have a lot of own presets for Jupi, CS-80 and both prophets

thx guys, so if i install the V9 vsts/versions will they bi listed seperately or do i need to install them manually seperately?

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 pm thx guys, so if i install the V9 vsts/versions will they bi listed seperately or do i need to install them manually seperately?
You can install your older versions and your newer versions in any combination. The installer (Arturia Software Center) allows you to pick and choose or install all at once. I keep older versions and the latests versions installed for backward compatibily. I don't worry about converting presets. I keep it simple. Older and newer versions show up in Cubase and Bitwig on my system. Older projects load with the version that the song used when it was last saved. I've had no loading or recalling issues with old songs thus far.

I suggest you demo them and see for yourself.
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 pm thx guys, so if i install the V9 vsts/versions will they bi listed seperately or do i need to install them manually seperately?
Depending on the synth, you should be able to install them all. I own V8 and V9, and I've got both the original Prophet 5/VS plugin I can install, as well as the newer seperate ones from V9. If the synth itself has not been updated to a new version, it will just keep using the latest version of that synth, but in the event something gets upgraded to a new version, you should have both.

Had I bought V7 for my first one, I'd still have the older Jupiter and Rhodes plugins to install along side the new ones that came with 8. (Arturia does make it a little confusing using V# for everything including the collection as well as the synths hah)

I got v9, installed, but it didn't put the newest stuff as stand alones on my desktop like my previous version did.

what step did I miss?

Hi,

No, don't worry, you didn't miss anything. We had several complaints from people bored about addition of icons on desktop after every updates, then we removed this for latest releases. ;)

All the best,
Arnaud

Return to “Instruments”