Pianoteq "Piano model tweaking" feature?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I was looking at Pianoteq's Stage and Standard edition comparisons. One of the differences listed is a feature called "Piano model tweaking", which is included in the more expensive standard edition.
I tried searching the Modart website and Google, but I did not find anything that explicitly described what this feature makes available.
I figured I would ask here before signing up for a forum account at the Modart site.

Can you explain some details about this feature, and how it makes the stage and standard versions different?

Thank you!

This just gives you way more parameters to tweak. Stage edition is really more for solely players who are not interested in tweaking.

You can tweak a lot of parameters to change the physics/sound of a model. There's a list of them on the website.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 pm This just gives you way more parameters to tweak. Stage edition is really more for solely players who are not interested in tweaking.
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I am hoping to learn what the features are that you can tweak in the standard version, and more to the point what features you can not tweak in the stage version.

I read the Pianoteq manual and while it described editing features it did not specify which versions were applicable to the detailed instructions. The manual only mentioned the term "Piano Model Tweaking" once and that instance was in an example of the very same comparison chart shown on the website, which was the comparison that prompted my question.

I read some comparison reviews, including on the Modart forum, where the authors just repeated the term "Piano Model Pweaking" and kept on writing.

Thank you.
Last edited by D2sX9ek8w3 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am wondering about the same thing. I have PT Stage and find low notes (e.g., those below C3) too metallic sounding when played with high velocity. Adjusting the velocity curve or EQ didn't work for me. Would PT Standard allow me to make them sound less metallic by adjusting, say, harmonic contents or hammer hardness? I couldn't find whether PT Standard allows tweaking of these parameters.
Last edited by Chrisk-K on Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For that sort of adjustment you would need the per-key editing of the Pro version. Standard version only offers per-key editing of very few parameters.

Stage doesn't allow you to tweak any of the physical model parameters. You can deduce this from the actual GUIs, too:

This panel is not there at all in Stage version.

Pro version editing possibilities is insanely vast you can essentially model your own stuff.
Have you tried Vital?

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:41 pm Image

This panel is not there at all in Stage version.
Thank you. That explanation is helpful, and makes me realize why I would prefer the standard over the stage version. The parameters shown in that screen shot seem very basic, and IMHO almost necessary to make good use of a virtual piano.

Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”